Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ON TRUCK FOR DELIVERY.

Here it is! A 10th anniversary semi hollow trem. Ebony board, and the McCartys were switched out for early 57/08s. More later, and sorry the sound is bad, I think I had it WAY to loud for the little camera. Oh yea, politician in all its Robben Ford style glory. The guitar sounds KILLER, and the workmanship and woods seem just like PS quality. VERY GOOD

Last edited by Tag; 03-20-2014 at 04:11 PM.

And there it is!

Last edited by sergiodeblanc; 03-20-2014 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Bangin'.

One Life

Whoever owned it looks like they took care of it. Enjoy it man, shes a rare bird!
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

That's very sexy. Glad it wasn't yogurt or what others were talking about lol
    2013 PRS DGT,2011 PRS CU24,2014 PRS S2 CU24,2014 Prs se CL 2014 Ibanez sir70fd
    1988 Washburn G1V
    Hughes and Kettner Grandmeister 36 with Saxon cabinet .

Of course a BIG thank you to Mr Hans for making this happen. A better guy to deal with you will not find.

Quote Originally Posted by Tag View Post
    Of course a BIG thank you to Mr Hans for making this happen. A better guy to deal with you will not find.
    That's kind of you to say, Tag. I gotta say that dealing with you was a pleasure as well. This was as smooth a deal as any I've ever had.

I hope you love that guitar as much as I do. Selling it was painful. It's nice to know that it's in good hands.
    One Life

Oh yes.

Congrats Tag awesome score
    This will bide you over till the PS comes prancing in

Beautiful tone and playing, Tag!

And...good for both buyer and seller! What could be better?
    Check us out: http://www.elfxi.com

That looks and sounds amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by g.wizz View Post
    Congrats Tag awesome score
    This will bide you over till the PS comes prancing in
    Thanks! yes, both of my RW neck PSs are at PRS still. Cant wait to get them back! I do have my Blue ebony board semi hollow trem PS here, and a big part of this was to compare the two. The 10th is hollowed and then a cap put on it. The way the orginal artist 3s were done as well. My Blue one the back is hollowed and put on as one piece, and is what they call chambered. (But originally told me it was semi hollow, and put it on the spec sheet too. ) I really wanted to hear them side by side in the same exact model, to know which sounds better to me, so on future orders I know which way to go. Right now, they are sounding very similar. Oddly, the semi hollow 10th sounds a bit more acoustic unplugged, but the chambered sounds a bit more acoustic plugged in. First impressions only, and I have a long way to go. Both sound insane, and is proof that old PRSs sound every bit as good as new and PSs, although this 10th has 57/08s, which ARE a big improvement over older PRS pups IMO. Paul has said in videos that tonewise his production guitars sound as good as the PSs, so he is being totally honest about that, or at least hearing it like I do. This 10th and my old Artist 3s were as good as it gets to me tonally, and my PSs just tweak them to my individual taste. PRS makes such great guitars!!!

..very nice those semi hollowbody or " tone chambered " is what they called back then are awesome !..and to get a top like that in a trem ! awesome !

Sweet! I have to admit for a while I was wondering why I clicked on this thread, went to page two and, Yeah! New guitar!

But at least my state is only slightly shaded pink in that map.

Love that dark board

Pretty guitar. Good for both parties.*

*When mama ain't happy......................
    Sh*tter's full

Man, I learn so much from this forum, some of it about guitars.

Oops, just realized that I re-derailed the thread. Didn't get past the first page before . . . sorry.
    Last edited by ghochan; 03-21-2014 at 09:56 AM.

Beautiful Tag sounds great and your playing isn't to shabby either.
    Enjoy and good luck.

Thanks everyone. The guitar is so pretty in person. I have been into quilt for so long, I forgot how stunning a guitar can be when it has those real deep, 3D flames, and this has it. The amber color is something I can usually take or leave, but its breathtaking. I am off to a friends now with it so I will have more time to play it today. Cant wait!