View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Mira

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original Mahogany version w/ Old Birds (24-fret)

8 22.22%
  • Original Mahogany version w/ Hollow Birds or Moons (24-fret)

7 19.44%
  • Maple Top version (24-fret)

1 2.78%
  • LTD in Jet White w/ Gold Hardware (24-fret)

5 13.89%
  • LTD w/ Santana Headstock (24-fret)

2 5.56%
  • Korina (24-fret)

3 8.33%
  • Mira X (22-fret)

1 2.78%
  • 25 Anniversary w/ Soapbars (22-fret)

3 8.33%
  • S2 Mira (22-fret)

4 11.11%
  • Private Stock or 1-off (Show it!)

2 5.56%

Thread: Poll: Which was/is your favorite Mira?

Poll: Which was/is your favorite Mira?

There sure were a lot of variations. Which is (or was) your favorite Mira?
    Last edited by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ; 03-20-2014 at 10:44 PM.
    One Life

The very first inception excellent guitar

I always wanted a maple top, but couldn't find the right one at the right price. I love mine, though it will never be my main guitar. It kills at what it does, and every time I see a cool LP Special or similar guitar, I come back and play the Mira and pass on the other!

Pups are early un-etched 57/08s and are glorious! It also now has a rosewood pickguard and knobs, and a Forum TRC.
    Last edited by Egads; 03-20-2014 at 11:44 PM.

This one's mine -

I've never seen another one in that colour! Most were trans finishes, there are a small handful of white ones too, but this seems to stand alone!
    PS Starla (burnt orange smokeburst), Starla (vintage cherry, IRW neck, birds), HBII (faded gray black 'double' 10-top), HB12 (black gold), NF3 (antique white/birds), 25th ann. Mira 245 (frost blue metallic), KL1812, 2011 'Stripped' 58 (goldtop)

I'd like one of these in a different color.
    Last edited by sergiodeblanc; 03-21-2014 at 09:17 AM. Reason: attitude adjustment.

I agree with Egads, I was drawn to the LP Special vibe, especially the current model. Though I may have to add an original next year as I'm hooked on these.

I had one just like Egads' but with uncovered pickups. So that's my favorite in the voting.

As with so many guitars I no longer have...what was I thinking when I sold it (oh yeah, get the money and put it toward something else I no longer have)?

Since I remember seeing a video interview with Knaggs that the whole idea was based on a pickguard-loaded guitar, I have no problem at all with the pickguard; I found the blade switch and mini-toggle very ergonomic and easy to deal with. They're great guitars. I liked the pickups a lot; they sounded as good as PRS' more expensive offerings, and split well, too.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Narrowfield P'kup Hoarder HANGAR18's Avatar
    I had no idea they had so many different versions.
    I once owned an all Mahogany, original non-S2 Mira with moon inlay with a trans-vintage-dark cherry finish of some sort which was very nice.
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP

Last edited by 11top; 03-22-2014 at 11:41 PM.
    Sh*tter's full

I voted "Original Mahogany version w/ Hollow Birds or Moons (24-fret)". That's what my wife got me for our 5th anniversary in 2008. Both are keepers.
    Not like the other kids...

Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    I always wanted a maple top, but couldn't find the right one at the right price. I love mine, though it will never be my main guitar. It kills at what it does, and every time I see a cool LP Special or similar guitar, I come back and play the Mira and pass on the other!

Pups are early un-etched 57/08s and are glorious! It also now has a rosewood pickguard and knobs, and a Forum TRC.
    Covered pickups is where it's at!

I voted for mine of course. 07 with old birds, all 'hog. Haven't played an S2 yet. Would like to try a Korina one someday.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    I gotta vote for my current S2...my since-traded 2008 maple top and I just didn't bond.

This girl sounds KILLER...

1990, 91, 92 & 97 CE24s | 1991 CU24 | 2003 & 04 SE EG SSS | 2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar
    2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited | 2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar
    2013 Hollowbody II | 2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited | 2013 XPRS 408 Semi-Hollow
    2013 S2 Mira | 2013 CU24 | 2014 CU24 Semi-Hollow

I don't blame you! It's a great looking guitar.

I am trying to find a clean '07 in orange with birds and tortoise shell pick guard to replace the one I sold in 2008. I've found a few but the condition has been rough.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post

I voted for mine of course. 07 with old birds, all 'hog. Haven't played an S2 yet. Would like to try a Korina one someday.
    One Life

Glad to see the original Miras winning!
    Trained By Aliens <-- Check out/download our EP, the "Trained By Aliens EP"!

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    I don't blame you! It's a great looking guitar.

I am trying to find a clean '07 in orange with birds and tortoise shell pick guard to replace the one I sold in 2008. I've found a few but the condition has been rough.
    Our drummer has this great sounding DW kit. However, the wrap is this blue/purple/red/pink swirl thing, it is SO 90s. He has been talking about re-wrapping it in orange sparkle. I have said I would have to get an Orange Mira with an orange sparkle pickguard to match it if he ever gets it done (it's ridiculously expensive to re-wrap a kit, just like refinishing a guitar). Our bass player would never give up her bass but she would get an orange sparkle pickguard.

So, maybe someday, I will join you in the hunt for an orange one. They seem to be pretty uncommon.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by Whitecat View Post
    I've never seen another one in that colour! Most were trans finishes, there are a small handful of white ones too, but this seems to stand alone!
    Cool Mint? It's got a sister...

Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Can I vote for original and Ltd?

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    Cool Mint? It's got a sister...

It's frost blue metallic actually! But I love yours too, I'd have that.
    PS Starla (burnt orange smokeburst), Starla (vintage cherry, IRW neck, birds), HBII (faded gray black 'double' 10-top), HB12 (black gold), NF3 (antique white/birds), 25th ann. Mira 245 (frost blue metallic), KL1812, 2011 'Stripped' 58 (goldtop)

I never heard of the LTD, is that the white and gold? Major guitar lust for that!