Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: PRS ONLY? What else do you play?

Lately....about 40% various PRS, 30% various Thorns, 25% various Hamers, and 5% "all other" (a 335 and a G&L ASAT Classic.)

Too many guitars to do them all justice. (First world problem.) I really should sell off some of them to address that.

But I won't.
    PRS/Thorn/Hamer USA ==> ENGL/Bogner/Marshall

My main favourite now is my SE Custom 24. Apart from that, my very humble stable houses a beautiful acoustic from Norman and a Squier Deluxe Strat. I've been contemplating getting an Explorer-shape for sometime now, as well as an SG shape, a superstrat and a Tele.... and the list goes on. I love diversity.

Many others have been and gone, but PRS have been the only guitars in my stable for over a decade. If it hits all the right buttons, why change what works so well ..

This is my wooden family, almost all of them were getting play time until last year when I got the PRS, the pink one is the only one can compete with the P22 by the way

Is there anything else...REALLY ?

Quote Originally Posted by bluefade View Post
    Is there anything else...REALLY ?
    I don't think so.

I have only been playing for about 5 years, so my gear collection is small, besides my Angelus and my Santana SE(2001-07 version) I own a Yamaha F-310P Acoustic, that I love, You never forget your first, I need to fix it though. lots of stripped holes on the headstock and I re-glued the nut on wrong. I also have a Fender T-Bucket 300CE Acoustic-Electric, but I rarely touch it anymore.

I will admit to my weakness for Teles with Humbuckers, and I kinda want a Les Paul Futura. Traben Basses, Gibson Acoustics, and Fender Amps all attract me as well.
    PRS SE Zach Myers SemiHollow2014
    PRS SE Angelus Standard w/Piezo
    PRS Santana SE (Custom 22 w/Santana Headstock Inlay)
    Fender T-Bucket 300CE Acoustic-ElectricFender Mustang I
    Quote Originally Posted by gush View Post
    I'm in the"buy all the prs guitars you can afford" camp.

2003 Parker Fly Mojo. It's one of the lightest solid body guitars I've played. Absolutely versatile as well. Love it.

2013 PRS Custom 24 orange tiger [57/08]
    2003 Parker Fly Mojo

Rough numbers
    Maybe 40% PRS
    Probably 20% Fender (Strats, Teles/Esq)
    20% Shredmachines (Mostly Ibanez)
    10% Gibson
    10% Super Strats (Suhr, Anderson Etc)

Something like that anyway. Apart from the PRS and Gibs the rest are mainly Bolt-ons.

I just got mine today but my main is a 2012 fender stratocaster fsr hand stained wine red

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...9/IMG_0735.jpg

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    My other beauty...

Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1, POD HD 500X
    Wishing for a U.S. made Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

I must admit I have a few Fender Strats, a couple of SGs(1 Epi and 1 Gibson), a couple of LPs(1 Epi and 1 Gibson)and my three SE PRSs. I play and enjoy them all. ENJOY!!!

I've sold damn near everything I have that's electric and non-PRS. There are 3 singlecut P-90's (all with a different sound & electronics), a Whale blue SE Singlecut with Semen Dunkmore's that coil tap, an SE Singlecut tremolo that is a brute, a Korina singlecut, and an SE 245 going in for mods. All of these have been altered in one way or another. Other than that, there's a custom frankenstrat getting cobwebs, and some archtops and acoustics. The P-90's all have stock pickups, which may surprise many. Just upgrade the volume and/or tone control and they kick. All of the guitars have a changed nut, to either PRS USA or Graphtech. I like to modify the SE's to what I want. Amps are Tech 21's only. A trademark 30. a trademark 60-1-12, and a trademark 60- 4-10's. They're my desert island amps.
    Last edited by dogrocketp; 03-24-2014 at 10:44 PM.

Upper Columbia River Basin just south of Canada.
    I am a noob to this forum. Been playing actively for over 40 years now. Yep, I'm that old and still gigging each week. I play Blues. After a long lifetime playing Gibson Traditionals I am waiting on my first PRS to arrive from Sweetwater eventually. Its a ZM. Thought I wanted to try another high quality guitar before the old hands give completely out. Learning lot about PRS from all of you.

Here's a pre-delivery pic of my new James Tyler Studio HD Elite Custom. I'm generally a PRS guy all the way, but this guitar is sensational in its own right. It's not so loaded with rock and roll testosterone like my PS P22, but it has a great character and playability. A nice super Strat from a boutique shop.
    PS #4616 * PS #5129 * 2015 Holcomb Sig * 2014 P24 Artist Trem * 2013 NF3 * 2012 Tremonti * SE Santana * SE Soapbar II
    Tyler Studio HD Elite * EBMM JP12 * Schecter Diamond 7 * Ibanez Artist HB
    Mesa Boogie Mark V * Mesa Boogie Mark 25 * Fuchs Overdrive Supreme II * Fishman Loudbox
    ​Ab Obice Saevior… Stronger When Opposed

Quote Originally Posted by ViperDoc View Post

Here's a pre-delivery pic of my new James Tyler Studio HD Elite Custom. I'm generally a PRS guy all the way, but this guitar is sensational in its own right. It's not so loaded with rock and roll testosterone like my PS P22, but it has a great character and playability. A nice super Strat from a boutique shop.
    Me likey!!!

I like to rotate an SCHBI, a P22, an LP Goldtop with P90's, and an American Deluxe Strat. On the acoustic end, I am loving my Breedlove Voice Concert.
    "When I'm in my head I'm in a bad neighborhood!"

I've mainly been into the Telecaster since 2007. I still enjoy my Strats and occasionally my Ibanez Talman. A Cole Clark Angel holds down acoustic duties. Still love my two PRS guitars and I'd love to get another when the time is right.
    --Garrett--

a strat and a Larrivee D-09. That being said, after adjusting the pole pieces on my ZM SE pickups, the single coil type tone is enough that the strat may not get any love.
    - Dane

“He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

Those are all killer, Steve. But that Lemon Quilt is RIDICULOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by 11top View Post
    R8s & 9s

Model citizen...Zero discipline

http://reverb.com/shop/brad737