Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: Show your SE!

Some wonderful guitars over here, guys!
    When I asked something about the SEs, I promised to post some pics of my new guitar once it has arrived. Well, I have it since last year, but here we go:

It's a Tremonti SE Custom in Cherry Sunburst but I guess you already know this after seeing the images

Regards
    Frank

May as well post a pic of both of mine now

PRS SE Singlecut
    PRS SE Santana
    Carvin SC90S
    Line 6 Variax 500
    Taylor GS Mini-E (Rosewood)

My first and only (for now) PRS. 2007 1st gen #897

Manager from my last band grabbed this shot... Love this shot because it shows the awesome top on this guitar (Akesson SE).

My first (but not last hopefully) PRS SE custom 22

Quote Originally Posted by metalrocker View Post
    Manager from my last band grabbed this shot... Love this shot because it shows the awesome top on this guitar (Akesson SE).

Cool shot, cool axe!
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE 30 Head/Cab

I'll play! These are still currently in the stable...

Fang & Fate--

The Akesson is so hard to get a good shot of...

Rock n Roll!!

There have been a few others that came and went.... All great guitars!

Quote Originally Posted by andy474x View Post
    Cool shot, cool axe!
    Thanks! I reach for this guitar more than my guitars that cost 3 times as much a lot of the time

Just got this Spalted Maple SE custom 24 ... it sustains for hours ...
    These are special runs. I missed this special run that Sweetwater had (20 of these Spalted Maple Santana Yellow) - but found one on ebay, 2 weeks back. Happy Boy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steveblue View Post
    Just got this Spalted Maple SE custom 24 ... it sustains for hours ...
    These are special runs. I missed this special run that Sweetwater had (20 of these Spalted Maple Santana Yellow) - but found one on ebay, 2 weeks back. Happy Boy.

That looks superb! Nice choice!

I've had a ton of SE's, but these are the three currently residing with me:

PRS Clint Lowery SE - Currently has the EMG Het Set in there, tuned to drop B with the stock 11-56 gauge strings, sounds brutal but since Seymour Duncan just announced they would start building the Pegasus bridge and Sentient neck pickups in 6-string form, I pre-ordered one of the first sets out of the shop and they will be arriving this weekend so I'm thinking this baby is getting that sweet passive goodness soon!

PRS SE 245 - Pretty much stock other than the tuners being swapped out for USA PRS Phase II Locking Tuners with PRS Faux Ivory mini buttons and the knobs are the USA clear/black lampshade knobs. Tried swapping out the pickups and honestly the stock SE 245 pickups just sound really nice in this guitar so I put them back in! Who knows, maybe I'll drop something else in there later but I'm not in a rush to do it I guess!

PRS Mike Mushok SE - Currently has an EMG 81/60 set, also tuned to drop-B but with much thicker strings so the thing sounds like an angry piano! I put a set of the Ibanez chrome collet knobs on the Mushok, they have rubber grips on the side that make rolling on and off much easier and they also fit the look of the guitar VERY nicely! Thinking when I yank the Het Set from the Lowery I'll drop those into the Mushok as I really dig how those sound closer to a mix of EMG's active tone and a nice set of hot passives. Pretty sure the Het Set would sound great in the Mushok! Or I may go whole hog and see if I can get some more of the new Duncans as the dealer might have also be getting some Nazgul 6'ers in stock so I'm waiting to hear back, could go all passives again!

-Matt

Hi there, I`m new to the forum and the is my SE, a whale blue Custom 24 with Dimarzio CrunchLab/Liquifire

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by phacorrea; 06-21-2014 at 01:23 PM.

I just picked up a Tremonti SE Custom with a quilted top in the Tobacco Burst flavor. Really enjoying it so far even if it does weigh in at 9 lbs!

https://twitter.com/ResidentRenzo/st...223104/photo/1

Here's my PRS SE Custom Semi hollow. Got some mods in there: SD pickups (JB and Jazz) Schaller locking tuners, and graphite nut. Standard strap buttons work fine so didn't put locking ones.

Didn't change volume/tone pots and input jack yet... which ones would you recommend?

Peace,
    -ResidentRenzo.
    Last edited by ResidentRenzo; 06-25-2014 at 01:45 AM. Reason: image doesn't show

Ooooh la la Sergio
    Can't get enough

What great axes!
    Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough...

Mushok....Duncan Custom in the bridge, locking Schallers. Strung 10-52 in open C and it crushes.

. by Cayle Pua, on Flickr

Wow, your Bernie Marsden is awesome!