Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your SE!

Quote Originally Posted by witeter View Post
    Yes all the guitars have bareknuckle pickups, the Schecter has an Aftermath bridge + Painkiller neck
    So what is your synopsis of the that combo? I have a C-1 XXX that I wanted to do a pup swap on and I was torn between the JB/59 combo or trying out that BKP combo.
    My Guitars:
    2012 PRS Custom 24 SE/2011 Damien Elite-6 FR/2011 Synyster Gates Custom/2010 Prototype Demon-7 FR/2010 Prototype Avenger Devil/2010 Hellraiser Solo-6/
    2009 Blackjack ATX C-8/2005 C-1 Classic/2005 C-1 XXX/2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard/2007 Ovation GC057 Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by Justin M View Post
    So what is your synopsis of the that combo? I have a C-1 XXX that I wanted to do a pup swap on and I was torn between the JB/59 combo or trying out that BKP combo.
    I think the combo works very well, i would like to try it on a neck through or set-in neck guitar as i think it would sound even more awesome. Your guitar is heavy mahogany so it has a darkish tone so the aftermath wuold stit well in it. Also depends though what kinda sound you are after and what style you want to play.

First post here from a new member. I myself have a tobacco burst SE Singlecut with trem that I adore. I actually sold off my US Gibson when I got the SE.

I CAN'T TAKE ALL THESE GORGEOUS GUITARS!!!

My horrible pics...

I need so many more!

I really want to make upgrades to my Singlecut but it is a very new platform for me. I would like to go with locking tuners, new nut, and to lockout the bridge. Not sure if I can handle any of those tasks myself.

I think the combo works very well, i would like to try it on a neck through or set-in neck guitar as i think it would sound even more awesome. Your guitar is heavy mahogany so it has a darkish tone so the aftermath wuold stit well in it. Also depends though what kinda sound you are after and what style you want to play.
    I mostly play hard rock/metal....
    My Guitars:
    2012 PRS Custom 24 SE/2011 Damien Elite-6 FR/2011 Synyster Gates Custom/2010 Prototype Demon-7 FR/2010 Prototype Avenger Devil/2010 Hellraiser Solo-6/
    2009 Blackjack ATX C-8/2005 C-1 Classic/2005 C-1 XXX/2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard/2007 Ovation GC057 Celebrity

Maybe something like the Nailbomb would be better suited (in the bridge), not that the Aftermath cant handle that but its a very dry, midhumped pickup and also very tight. Though a lot of metal is tight some styles require a more organic sound-hence the nailbomb suggestion. The painkiller in the neck would be great but if you want a more buttery pickup in there then the Coldsweat would be good :-) hope that helps?

Btw modestglok26-nice gtr!

Maybe something like the Nailbomb would be better suited (in the bridge), not that the Aftermath cant handle that but its a very dry, midhumped pickup and also very tight. Though a lot of metal is tight some styles require a more organic sound-hence the nailbomb suggestion. The painkiller in the neck would be great but if you want a more buttery pickup in there then the Coldsweat would be good :-) hope that helps?

Btw modestglok26-nice gtr!

Sounds like a great combo, I'll have to try it out. Thanks for the info!
    My Guitars:

No worries man- you wont be dissapointed!

Figured I'd start my first post here with a pic.

I regrettably sold the Tremonti a few months ago, but still have the 25th Cu24. I will be getting a 245 on Monday though

Oh, if anyone has the amber quilt 25th Cu24 and wants to trade for my blue one, let me know

This is my first post here but I was pretty active on BAM and I'm on the other PRS forums.
    I don't have any of these SE's anymore and I regret having to part with them (particularly the SE EG and the Floyded Singlecut)

All of them (except the SE EG) were modded with CTS 500k pots, Orange Drop caps, & Switchcraft toggles

1. PRS SE Singlecut, black cherry. Modded with gold hardware and Wilkinson bridge.

2. PRS SE EG, white. Modded with EMG SA's with mid boost control, Planet Waves locking tuners, scratch built pickguard (so I could add the mid boost pot and move the volume pot away from the bridge pup)

3. PRS Santana SE, trans black. Modded with HFS & VB pups, push/pull tone pot for coil split, Phase II tuners, refinished headstock with PRS decal.

4. PRS SE Singlecut, sunburst. Modded with Floyd Rose tremolo, added 2nd volume pot, push/pull pots for coil splits, nickel pup covers, and refinished headstock with PRS decal.

SE is on the left, CE24 is on the right

During the routing process:

Right now my two main guitars are an '03 Singlecut goldtop with RP's and a '95 CE24 with a piezo. I'm really liking the ne Tremoti SE Custom that was just released in the UK. Maybe I can snag one soon.
    Last edited by _pete_; 10-08-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _pete_ View Post
    This is my first post here but I was pretty active on BAM and I'm on the other PRS forums.
    I don't have any of these SE's anymore and I regret having to part with them (particularly the SE EG and the Floyded Singlecut)

All of them (except the SE EG) were modded with CTS 500k pots, Orange Drop caps, & Switchcraft toggles

1. PRS SE Singlecut, black cherry. Modded with gold hardware and Wilkinson bridge.

2. PRS SE EG, white. Modded with EMG SA's with mid boost control, Planet Waves locking tuners, scratch built pickguard (so I could add the mid boost pot and move the volume pot away from the bridge pup)

3. PRS Santana SE, trans black. Modded with HFS & VB pups, push/pull tone pot for coil split, Phase II tuners, refinished headstock with PRS decal.

4. PRS SE Singlecut, sunburst. Modded with Floyd Rose tremolo, added 2nd volume pot, push/pull pots for coil splits, nickel pup covers, and refinished headstock with PRS decal.

SE is on the left, CE24 is on the right

During the routing process:

Right now my two main guitars are an '03 Singlecut goldtop with RP's and a '95 CE24 with a piezo. I'm really liking the ne Tremoti SE Custom that was just released in the UK. Maybe I can snag one soon.
    Your Singlecut tobacco burst is stunning!

I have a Singlecut with trem that I'm wanting to mod but I'm not sure where to start. I think I really want to try the tremel-no out and new pups as well as some locking tuners but I'm still in the learning process as far as mods go. This site is a great place for some amazing ideas.

Don - Studio Musician cobrafast1's Avatar
    I swapped out the pups on my Semi-Hollow body SE for a set of ToneRider AC2 Classics. Andrew Cunningham did a nice job with those. They sound great. They have the Alnico 2 magnets in them, so the sustain is a lot longer than the stronger Alnico's. I haven't split the coils yet. Thinking about that. I tried a test with them using alligator clips/wire to ground them together and see how that sounded. Pretty darn good. But, if I really want that Strat sound, I'll just pick up my Strat and play that for now.
    Last edited by cobrafast1; 10-11-2012 at 08:09 AM.
    PRS SE Semi-Hollow Body - Parker Fly Deluxe - American Fender Stratocaster
    Carvin Quad-X Amp - Carvin Tube 100 - (2) Roctron Intellifex - Gibson EchoPlex
    Mesa Express Pluss 5:25 - Marshall MG100HFX - Egnater Rebel 20 - DODFX54 Attacker - VFE Distortion 3
    Digitech Jam Man Solo.

Here's my baby in action, "Maximus".

she's a beaut
    http://www.facebook.com/progenyph
    PRS SE Custom "Maximus"
    SD Hot Rodded Set
    Sperzel Locking Tuners
    Coil Tap Feature

A little Sunday SE action... picked up the matching cab to the 30 head last weekend to round out the rig!

Last edited by andy474x; 10-14-2012 at 12:39 PM.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

Quote Originally Posted by andy474x View Post
    A little Sunday SE action... picked up the matching cab to the 30 head last weekend to round out the rig!

That . . is . . . GORGEOUS!!!

Want to trade for the blue one from that year?

Warped frustrated old man John Scrip's Avatar
    A really bad pic of a really decent guitar --

John Scrip - MASSIVE Mastering - Chicago IL
    2011 PRS Custom 24
    Proud Member of ROLBAMTMWAOBGMMPRSC24OA

Quote Originally Posted by modestglock26 View Post
    Your Singlecut tobacco burst is stunning!

I have a Singlecut with trem that I'm wanting to mod but I'm not sure where to start. I think I really want to try the tremel-no out and new pups as well as some locking tuners but I'm still in the learning process as far as mods go. This site is a great place for some amazing ideas.
    Thanks, I wish I still had it.

I had a Tremol-No on that white SE EG. It worked very well.

I'm a big fan of the Planet Waves locking tuners but you do have to drill a new, small hole for the attachment screw.

I have had the Planet Waves put on 5 guitars now, and soon another one when it comes in.
    The Autotrim tuners rock, only downside is the redrilling.

those SE's were donated by Xandao from O Rappa and are going for auction here in Brazil to raise funds for a association that helps poor kids study music.
    all of them were painted by Fabio Ema

SE Korina

SE Korina por aduayer, no Flickr

SE 245

SE 245 por aduayer, no Flickr

SE Tremonti

SE Tremonti por aduayer, no Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by sahlomonic View Post
    That . . is . . . GORGEOUS!!!

Want to trade for the blue one from that year?

Haha, sorry man that's my #1! But if that changes, ill let you know
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab