Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your SE!

That spalted maple is sick! How'd you get a hold of that?

Quote Originally Posted by zeke665 View Post
    That spalted maple is sick! How'd you get a hold of that?
    I've seen a couple on ebay recently. Custom 24 and a Santana I believe.

[IMG][/IMG]

Here's mine. Seymour Duncan SH-5 in the bridge and I have a custom bone nut. I would love to have pics of my old custom 22 in grey/black but it was stolen

That's really nice Zeke. I thought about getting the white one too. How's the pickup swap, worth it? I want the bone nut on mine too.

I have duncans in all my guitars and this one is my favorite! No matter what new guitar I buy I always come back to this one. Definitely a hotter, more defined sound. I can hear all the notes being played even in a big heavy distorted chord

Santana SE in Yellow.
    Love it!
    Last edited by ezkahuna; 02-22-2013 at 03:28 PM.

So Sweetwater has some of the new SE Custom 24 in stock now, in the Royal Blue color. What do you think? Almost seems too blue to me, and I don't see any binding on it. What I'm waiting for is the black/gray color, should be in soon I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkahuna View Post
    Santana SE in Yellow.
    Love it!
    I really like that color, congrats. Curious about the 2013 release of the Emerald Green color too. Nothing quite like it in the SE line, it seems.

Trivia question: Anyone know what model this is?

Korina Singlecut SE?

Either a 245 or a Tremonti. Either way its a different color than I've ever seen on one

^^Yep, it's a Tremonti model. I used to own it, not anymore. It was ok, but I much prefer my 245. Thicker, meatier tone, and feels more robust overall. But this model was pretty unique it seems.

I think it was all mahogany too. Definitely a thinner body than the 245 or Marsden models. Or the new Tremonti Custom models.

These 245's in black/gray are pretty sexy:

Definitely a Tremonti SE - I have one - all mahogany - check out the SE Mods thread - mine was modded with covered paf-style PU's and an out-of-phase push-pull tone control

http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?629-SE-Mods

Last edited by jbloggs; 02-22-2013 at 11:43 PM.

Spotlight Music in Fort Collins, CO... They had 25 Custom 24s and 25 Santana's special made. They have a few Santana's left. They sell on line @ spotlightmusicstore.com.

Quote Originally Posted by IRG View Post
    So Sweetwater has some of the new SE Custom 24 in stock now, in the Royal Blue color. What do you think? Almost seems too blue to me, and I don't see any binding on it. What I'm waiting for is the black/gray color, should be in soon I think.

I'm a big fan of blue, and I think this is pretty but it would definitely look better with binding.

So, I eventually found myself an SE for a good price. Picked it up on Ebay and just need to wait for it to come! I had to sell some other equipment to fund the sale, but I'm happy that I'll finally be getting my hands on one. It also means that I'm still going to be in the market for a US Custom 24 towards the end of the year. Comes fitted with Grover tuners and Tonerider pups. I still have a little left in the budget in case I need to replace the nut, will check it out once I receive it.

Last edited by Desperado; 02-25-2013 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    So, I eventually found myself an SE for a good price. Picked it up on Ebay and just need to wait for it to come! I had to sell some other equipment to fund the sale, but I'm happy that I'll finally be getting my hands on one. It also means that I'm still going to be in the market for a US Custom 24 towards the end of the year. Comes fitted with Grover tuners and Tonerider pups. I still have a little left in the budget in case I need to replace the nut, will check it out once I receive it.
    Love the color.
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Me actually playing one of mine.
    From Saturday afternoon.
    Jealousy and envy are setting in. My SE CU 24 in tobacco burst is supposed to come in some time this week at my local store, but it feels like it is taking FOREVER.