Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 563

Thread: Show your SE!

  1. #281
    Member IRG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    80
    WOw, that really is blue. Too blue. And you're right, you can't really see any grain in the top at all, not sure there's a point in having a maple top in this case. Honestly, it looks almost cartoonish. And somewhat cheap without any binding on it. I think having covered humbuckers would help make it look a bit better, but not much. DNW.

  2. #282
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    18
    Yeah it's really unfortunate because it plays really nice and you can get some good strat sounds with the coil tap

  3. #283
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,156
    My spider-sense is tingling... are people hating on blue guitars?

  4. #284
    Not hating on blue in general, I used to have a beautiful blue Godin. I'm not a fan when the neck and headstock is also blue though.

  5. #285
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,428
    Quote Originally Posted by zeke665 View Post
    I retract my previous statement. Here a couple pics of the one in my store.






    This would look great with a Chelsea FC or KC Royals sticker on the top.

  6. #286
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    This would look great with a Chelsea FC or KC Royals sticker on the top.
    I was going to say earlier that it is VERY KC Royals...royal blue

  7. #287
    Member IRG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    80
    I love Gibson's Pelham Blue on a LP or SG, I love Fender's Sonic Blue on a strat and maybe a tele. But This PRS blue is just too intense, for me anyway. I don't like the lack of binding either, it would help break up the bluesness of it all. And the headstock being blue isn't good either, I agree with Desperado on that as well.

  8. #288
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14
    Ordered my first PRS Monday from Sweetwater. Just arrived today!! This guitar is amazing! Got the SE 245 Cherry Burst. The action was literally set perfectly right out of the box (sounds a bit cliche but it's actually true lol). I compared this guitar to a Gibson Les Paul Studio at a local music store, playing through the same amp that I personally play with and the same settings and this SE blew the Gibson away in every category. The sustain was longer, the pickups were more powerful and clear, the pots and knobs were smoother and easier to roll and the pups cleaned up way better. The SE was more versatile, played better in the neck and just felt better over all. Not to mention sounded better (for the style of music I like to play anyways.) If you just want a classic rock crunch tone, then go with the Gibson Les Paul Studio. If you want more modern rock tones with the ability to still play old school stuff then get the PRS =) I did and I LOVE this guitar. Best $599 I've ever spent in my life .



    The only thing I plan on doing to this guitar is putting locking tuners on it and adding a split coil to the neck pickup. I think that would sound absolutely amazing. Other than that it needs no improvement.
    Last edited by mitchewr; 03-06-2013 at 09:16 PM.

  9. #289
    Congrats mitchewr, I have a similar colour SE Singlecut, and if yours is like mine, the photos don't do justice to the actual colour.

    In terms of locking tuners, I was going to put a set on mine but after replacing the nut with a Tusq nut, I haven't had any tuning issues.

    That said I do like lockers for the convenience of string changes.

  10. #290
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14
    Thanks. And yes, photos do not do that finish any justice. Did you put a 'real' tusk nut on it? I was told that the SEs have an emulated tusk nut on them. Is this true? If it is true, does a 'real' tusk nut make that much difference?

  11. #291
    NJ Devil DISTORT6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    371
    My first Non-Maryland PRS.
    (count the strings )
    Not like the other kids...

  12. #292
    Member IRG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by DISTORT6 View Post
    My first Non-Maryland PRS.
    (count the strings )
    Sweet, first one I've seen. How is the 7 strings? Never played one, but it does have me curious. Looks really nice btw.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchewr View Post
    Stunning.
    I only wish I had waited and bought mine in that color.

  14. #294
    Senior Member themike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by DISTORT6 View Post
    My first Non-Maryland PRS. (count the strings )
    Welcome to the dark side, my friend.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

  15. #295
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by dbonanno View Post
    Stunning.
    I only wish I had waited and bought mine in that color.
    Yea, I've wanted a cherry burst guitar for a while now. A luthier in my area was building a custom guitar for someone and had the cherry burst finish about half done and I loved it. I might not have bought an SE 245 if the cherry burst wasn't available to be honest. Never been a huge fan of a regular sun burst and my Tele is already a sun burst so.

    I'm really disappointed in the color choices for the SE Custom 24. The Blue is terrible looking in my opinion and I'm not a huge fan of the sun burst or the grey. They need to re-do the blue and make it not so dark and overwhelming.

  16. #296
    NJ Devil DISTORT6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    371
    Sweet, first one I've seen. How is the 7 strings? Never played one, but it does have me curious. Looks really nice btw.
    Thanks! So far, so good! The neck really shines on the guitar. It feels EXACTLY like a Wider-Wide-Thin neck (if that makes sense).
    Time will tell.

    Welcome to the dark side, my friend.
    More like welcome back! This thing is sooo much better then the 7621s, 7620 and Brian Moore C-557 7s that I've had. It FITS!

    I'll do a NGD thread with more pics.
    Not like the other kids...

  17. #297
    Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Warrington, Nr Liverpool UK
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    This would look great with a Chelsea FC sticker on the top.
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, SE Custom 24 2012, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

  18. #298
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchewr View Post
    Ordered my first PRS Monday from Sweetwater. Just arrived today!! This guitar is amazing! Got the SE 245 Cherry Burst. The action was literally set perfectly right out of the box (sounds a bit cliche but it's actually true lol). I compared this guitar to a Gibson Les Paul Studio at a local music store, playing through the same amp that I personally play with and the same settings and this SE blew the Gibson away in every category. The sustain was longer, the pickups were more powerful and clear, the pots and knobs were smoother and easier to roll and the pups cleaned up way better. The SE was more versatile, played better in the neck and just felt better over all. Not to mention sounded better (for the style of music I like to play anyways.) If you just want a classic rock crunch tone, then go with the Gibson Les Paul Studio. If you want more modern rock tones with the ability to still play old school stuff then get the PRS =) I did and I LOVE this guitar. Best $599 I've ever spent in my life .
    Dang you got yours fast. I ordered my SE CU 24 on the 19th and I'm still waiting for it! Glad to hear it's rocking your world though! Gets me pumped up and excited for mine. I can't wait to hear what REAL sustain is going to sound like lol. Personally, I do LOVE the Tobacco Burst...it is a stunner in person!

    Quote Originally Posted by DISTORT6 View Post
    My first Non-Maryland PRS.
    (count the strings )
    Congrats on the 7-String! I hope it sounds as good and plays as good as you were hoping for! I wonder what the learning curve/adjusting to the seventh string will be like.

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchewr View Post
    Thanks. And yes, photos do not do that finish any justice. Did you put a 'real' tusk nut on it? I was told that the SEs have an emulated tusk nut on them. Is this true? If it is true, does a 'real' tusk nut make that much difference?
    Yup real Tusq fitted. Tuning is definitely more stable than the previous which was pinging every now and then on the G string. The tuning on the G was an issue too even with upgraded tuners (came with Gotoh fitted by previous owner).

    Now I have no issues with the guitar at all. My tech set it up beautifully and it plays great. Probably one of my wisest purchases ever.

  20. #300
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by lastemperor7 View Post
    Dang you got yours fast. I ordered my SE CU 24 on the 19th and I'm still waiting for it! Glad to hear it's rocking your world though! Gets me pumped up and excited for mine. I can't wait to hear what REAL sustain is going to sound like lol. Personally, I do LOVE the Tobacco Burst...it is a stunner in person!
    Yea it did come fast. But I'm also in the southeastern portion of Michigan so it's not very far from the Sweetware warehouse. Ohh the sustain is amazing. Better than the Gibson Les Paul Studio I compared it to. And even though they average 8 lbs, they're so well balanced that it feels like a feather when you have a strap on it.

    Speaking of SE C24s though, I just noticed that on musiciansfriend.com they have a black cherry version! It actually looks pretty good in the pictures. I'm surprised they have that color. PRS.com does't even list black cherry as an option.

    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    Yup real Tusq fitted. Tuning is definitely more stable than the previous which was pinging every now and then on the G string. The tuning on the G was an issue too even with upgraded tuners (came with Gotoh fitted by previous owner).

    Now I have no issues with the guitar at all. My tech set it up beautifully and it plays great. Probably one of my wisest purchases ever.
    Hhhmm....the tuning has been pretty stable but not perfect. I definitely am going to get some locking tuners and then if I'm still having tuning problems then I'll have a real tusq nut installed. These really do play very well. I played for 2.5 hours last night during band practice at church and my hand never got tired or stiff from playing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •