Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 606

Thread: Show your SE!

  1. #561
    Junior Member cayle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    32
    My Bernie SE.


  2. #562
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3
    Here is my SE: Singlecut Trem. This is my first PRS ever
    Before with stock knobs.

    And after I replaced the stock knobs with Amber SE knobs.

  3. #563
    Opaque John Beef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_s View Post


    Nice pic! Love the 1st and second gen Santanas.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

  4. #564
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bon Temps
    Posts
    35


    The Santana had to be added eventually

  5. #565
    Opaque John Beef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman101 View Post


    The Santana had to be added eventually
    That's a man that knows what he likes. Which one is your favorite and why? Have you swapped pickups in any of them?
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

  6. #566

  7. #567
    Junior Member blueboxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    8
    My first PRS... 2010 SE Custom 22.

    Mods... I installed Kluson locking tuners, PIO tone cap and a silver mica treble bleed cap.




    Last edited by blueboxer; 05-26-2014 at 07:45 AM.

  8. #568
    Junior Member GS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Columbus, O
    Posts
    86
    That looks very nice!

  9. #569
    After playing for over 45 years on too many guitars to count, I finally joined the PRS club yesterday. I have a soft spot for curly maple, and purple is my favorite color...





    As an aside, before I bought bought it, I had the guys at the store tweak the truss rod a bit. After I got it home (and after the store was closed) I noticed the truss rod cover was plain, with no PRS logo. All the photos I can find of the SE Floyd Custom show a logo on the truss rod cover. I'm guessing (or perhaps hoping) the tech at the store mistakenly put the wrong truss rod cover on it, and I'm hoping the original one is still sitting on the repair bench sometime later today when I go back to the store. This is a reputable local shop, and I'd not suspect them of trying to pull a fast one.

  10. #570
    Senior Member sleary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    944
    2013 PRS DGT,2011 PRS CU24,2014 PRS S2 CU24,2014 Prs se CL 2014 Ibanez sir70fd
    1988 Washburn G1V
    Hughes and Kettner Grandmeister 36 with Saxon cabinet .

  11. #571
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Workingwoods View Post
    After playing for over 45 years on too many guitars to count, I finally joined the PRS club yesterday. I have a soft spot for curly maple, and purple is my favorite color...

    As an aside, before I bought bought it, I had the guys at the store tweak the truss rod a bit. After I got it home (and after the store was closed) I noticed the truss rod cover was plain, with no PRS logo. All the photos I can find of the SE Floyd Custom show a logo on the truss rod cover. I'm guessing (or perhaps hoping) the tech at the store mistakenly put the wrong truss rod cover on it, and I'm hoping the original one is still sitting on the repair bench sometime later today when I go back to the store. This is a reputable local shop, and I'd not suspect them of trying to pull a fast one.
    Congrats on the new guitar, it looks beautiful. As far as the truss-rod cover is concerned, I can't find the exact quote, but it stated something to the effect that starting from the 2014 models, all truss-rod covers on the SEs, regular and signature, will now be plain black. Any variation may just be either production snafu or customizations specific to a local store or distributor.

    The ones I've seen with O-serial numbers have been, including the new SE Tremoni I purchased a week ago.

    Speaking of which, will post a pic of my 2014 SE Tremoni and 2013 SE Cu24 later, when I can get my camera working.

  12. #572
    Quote Originally Posted by LTigh View Post
    Congrats on the new guitar, it looks beautiful. As far as the truss-rod cover is concerned, I can't find the exact quote, but it stated something to the effect that starting from the 2014 models, all truss-rod covers on the SEs, regular and signature, will now be plain black. Any variation may just be either production snafu or customizations specific to a local store or distributor.

    The ones I've seen with O-serial numbers have been, including the new SE Tremoni I purchased a week ago.

    Speaking of which, will post a pic of my 2014 SE Tremoni and 2013 SE Cu24 later, when I can get my camera working.
    Thanks much for the info. Yep, the guys at the store pointed out to me that none of the other Floyd and signature models on the wall had logos on the cover. (The other SE models did, but maybe they're older stock?) No worries...I bought the guitar because it plays, sounds, and looks great. And it'll do all three of those with or without a logo.

  13. #573
    Member JStarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    113
    My '14 Bernie. Mods: TonePros Kluson Drop-Ins, Brushed Raw Nickel Pup Covers, Tusq Nut. Blank 3-Ply TRC. Love it.


  14. #574
    Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Warrington, Nr Liverpool UK
    Posts
    2,323
    Nice Bernie Jstarr... That pic'll haunt you if you sell it!

    (Still not trying to influence you btw!)
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

  15. #575
    Junior Member GS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Columbus, O
    Posts
    86
    I agree, your Bernie is very nice! And that's a good compliment coming from Mike, he has the nicest looking one around IMO, and he can play the heck out of that thing.

  16. #576
    Member JStarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post
    Nice Bernie Jstarr... That pic'll haunt you if you sell it!

    (Still not trying to influence you btw!)
    Ahhh! You got me. Thanks! It's hard to deny (especially in person)... the Bernie is badass. I don't know if all if them came off the assembly line this way, been mine is a really gem. I know that I will probably be disappointed if I swapped it out for a S2 Mira. I'll heed your advice.

  17. #577
    Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Warrington, Nr Liverpool UK
    Posts
    2,323
    Quote Originally Posted by JStarr View Post
    Ahhh! You got me. Thanks! It's hard to deny (especially in person)... the Bernie is badass. I don't know if all if them came off the assembly line this way, been mine is a really gem. I know that I will probably be disappointed if I swapped it out for a S2 Mira. I'll heed your advice.
    Your Bernie does have a great top! I think someone else said in the other thread about the Mira and Bernie being totally different guitars regardless of price comparisons. If there was an S2 Bernie or similar it would be a different story perhaps but you've really got to spend a ton of cash to get something similar to the Bernie in the US line.

    Still doing mods to mine. Some work out, others don't. Most are cheap and reversible mods. Gets expensive when changing pups but the other mods are relatively inexpensive. I will change the frets for taller ones one day. That'll be expensive but worth it to me.
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

  18. #578
    Junior Member zz_marcello's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Washington DC area
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by mxy9944 View Post
    I was looking for a real picture what a orange SE 245 looks like. Now I'm definitely buying this one. Could you plz post some more photos of this gear?
    Im not zherman but picked the same guitar in orange.
    Played guitar for more than 15 years and made a children break in the last five.
    Now Im back and will make myself happy with some nice new guitars.
    Marcel

  19. #579
    Senior Member themike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,840
    I have a few SE7s that I love but this..... this is my girl. Words cannot express how much I love this model - no matter which series of PRS its from.

    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

  20. #580
    Member rubalup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    141
    My ZM:






Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •