Thread: SE Angelus handle Drop C tuning?

SE Angelus handle Drop C tuning?

Most of my music is in Drop C and wanted to know if this guitar will work with that tuning. Obviously I will need heavier gauge strings, but will it harm the guitar?
    "BADASS MODDED" SE SEMI-HOLLOW W/BIGSBY, SE ZACH MYERS, SE TREMONTI, RANDALL DIAVLO RD20, RANDALL DIAVLO RD1, BLACKSTAR HTR1

I'd doubt it - if you were tuning higher, it might be an issue with increased tension, but I think you'll be fine. There are enough guys playing acoustics in a ton of tunings without the guitars exploding, so I can't imagine this would be an issue. You may have to do some setup work, but that should be it.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    I'd doubt it - if you were tuning higher, it might be an issue with increased tension, but I think you'll be fine. There are enough guys playing acoustics in a ton of tunings without the guitars exploding, so I can't imagine this would be an issue. You may have to do some setup work, but that should be it.
    Right. Some nut slot widening and it should be just fine.

Thanks guys
    "BADASS MODDED" SE SEMI-HOLLOW W/BIGSBY, SE ZACH MYERS, SE TREMONTI, RANDALL DIAVLO RD20, RANDALL DIAVLO RD1, BLACKSTAR HTR1

Drop C on an acoustic? Why? Black Label Society unplugged maybe?
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP - ALICE COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by HANGAR18 View Post
    If one plays in a certain tuning on electric a lot, it is handy to have the acoustic tuned the same if you write on acoustic.

Quote Originally Posted by HANGAR18 View Post
    I just realized you're in Arlington. I live in Manassas and work in Arlington on Fridays.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris528 View Post
    I just realized you're in Arlington. I live in Manassas and work in Arlington on Fridays.
    What's happening neighbor?!
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP - ALICE COOPER