I have a few things I am looking for in a good set of pickups to upgrade this bad boy:
1. I don't care who makes the pickups.
2. I do like the characteristic PRS sound, so that likely means PRS pickups - I'd assume.
3. I don't want anything that would be super hi-output. The Tremonti bridge pickup is far too much output for my uses.
4. I really love the sound of the middle pickup type selector on the PRS 513, and its effect on the pickups.
5. I will be using the guitar for heavy blues, and possibly for alt-metal down the road. Needs to have some flexibility for both.
6. I would love it if the pickups had the option for split-coils. Yes, I would be upgrading all the tone and volume pots at the same time.
7. They should be covered or have the parts to cover them readily available.
Thanks for any help/opinions!