Thread: Incoming!!! Arrives Tomorrow!

Incoming!!! Arrives Tomorrow!

I was trying to hold off until I had it in my hands but couldn't...

Big thanks to Steve P. (11top) for making this happen! I guess I kind of made it pretty clear I lusted after this one...I think Steve felt bad for me ... I can't wait to try it! Larry (paintguy) did the metal artwork and Z did his 2TEK magic...BRW neck...looks amazing...have heard that it's a tone machine...looks like DG did the final inspection!!! These next 24 hours are going to be brutal!

Forgot to add...it has DGT's too!!!
    -Bob

Re: Incoming!!! Arrives Tomorrow!

Very cool!

I normally am not a graphics-on-a-guitar kind of guy....but that is smoking! Congrats!

Very cool guitar!Tell me more about the 2TEK bridge.I read about it on their homepage.Very interesting.I have never tried or seen a guitar with that bridge.What does it add to the mojo?
    I de-modded my CU22 soapbar and made a factory spec setup.Im in love again.I very much believe now PRS guitars are perfect as they are.

Very nice.
    It should be quite the treat.

Totally awesome! Love it! Congrats....

Sweet guitar! I know you're going to enjoy that one. Congrats!

Large Member

A completely fantastic guitar, both in looks and tone. DG really enjoyed playing it.

Z...as I told you I can't wait to finally try it out. Did you take that picture of DG? It's a fantastic shot. I'll give a tone report just as soon as I can.

Swede71...this will be my first time owning a guitar that's been whacked...but based upon the amazing reviews I've heard regarding the piano like qualities of the 2TEK bridge the anticipation is killing me.

I'm sure Z can expand much more eloquently than I regarding all there is to know about the bridge...and if he ends up being too modest I will do my best in the tone report. There are many others here who extoll the virtues of having a 2TEK'd guitar. I'd love to hear them jump in as well.

I'm also stoked to check out that neck!

Can't wait!
    -Bob

Large Member

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT
    Z...as I told you I can't wait to finally try it out. Did you take that picture of DG? It's a fantastic shot.
    I did not. I sent it to David to put through it's paces. I asked him for a picture of him with it, and he sent me that fantastic photo. Looks like it should be an album cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Zilmo
    Z...as I told you I can't wait to finally try it out. Did you take that picture of DG? It's a fantastic shot.
    I did not. I sent it to David to put through it's paces. I asked him for a picture of him with it, and he sent me that fantastic photo. Looks like it should be an album cover!

I'm afraid if I start extolling the virtues of the 2Tek bridge, one or more of the moderators will delete what I post and **** slap me as well. They tend to pucker rather easily!
    very professional shot...I agree about the album cover comment.

Totally understand...I'll give a tone report on it to the best of my ability after I get a chance to spend some time with it...Ill post it here and VR....I'm sure I'll have questions for you anyway over there. I feel like a kid the day before Christmas!
    -Bob

Large Member

Is it there yet?

No..I keep checking UPS and calling the house...I won't see it until 6 or 7PM...
    -Bob

-Bob

kind of tired right now but will do my best...

First...Steve thank you again for being willing to give up such an amazing guitar. You're packing is up there with Brent Moss.

Second...Larry the color shifting paint effect is very cool...really dig it...glad to have your work finally in my collection...looks awesome.

Third...I played the crap out of it tonight...started unplugged...noticed the string definition right away...the talked about piano like tones of the 2TEK in the upper registers I noticed first...very interesting overtones...nice sustain overall...Then I tried a couple simple chords...nice..moved to complex chords...whoa..not in Kansas anymore...resonance and articulation...was clear as a bell...reminded me of a very clear acoustic...had to plug it in. I only ran it through one amp tonight...Bruce Zinky's Supro Mofo Proto head and 1x12 Cab...with and without a JHS Klone and an EP Booster...holy crap..this thing snarls...great punch and clarity...did i mention punch? DGT'S are the perfect match! I had so much fun both with clean settings...chording and comping Giant Steps..some George Benson (attempted) and Pat Martino runs...and Dirt settings...Warren Haynes Gov't mule type tones...then I split the pups...another holy crap...there was the DG tone...so much friggin' clarity...Z what an amazing piece of hardware...I am sold on the 2TEK...glad I finally have one in the arsenal...to anybody who is on the fence...I would make sure you have at least one guitar that has been whacked...you have to try it to understand...totally different experience...it just works.

thanks again Steve!!! Really appreciate it..it was worth the wait! amazing axe all around! Thanks for taking pity on me!
    -Bob

Large Member

That's a great review. Really glad you like it.

Two words.... Tone Monster.

Your packing is up there with Brent Moss.
    :shock: :lol:

Glad you're diggin' it Bob!
    Sh*tter's full

I'm serious!!! I'm sure you've gotten guitars from him! When I got my Dirty 100 from him it took me awhile to figure out how to get it out of the box it was so insulated with bubble wrap!

BTW Nice touch with the interior bubble wrap and inclusion of the email.
    -Bob