Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just got my Archon

Well I finally received the cab? I have spent the last 6 hours putting the new Archon through the paces and I am very, very pleased to say the least! Wow, this is an incredible amplifier, I can't even find the words to explain. I thought the Framus Ruby Riot was a great sounding amp but it was missing something. The Archon is spot on and is not missing a thing. I highly recommend this amp for any style of player! It sucks because now I leave town for a week and I'm going to really miss not playing.
    PRS Custom 24, McCarty Hollow Body ll 20th Anniversary, Ruby Riot 2, PRS Archon with PRS 2X12 Stealth Cabinet
    2012 Jeep Rubicon (Had to throw that in!)

Nice! Congrats!!
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets/signed by PRS
    2012 FBJB 10 top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti
    2012 Tremonti CustomSE Grey/Black heavily modded, DGT frets and nut at PTC
    2014 ARCHON

I'm hoping that the archon leads to a core line 7 string.....
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Fantastic! That's great news, and especially great that you've found an amp you can get the most out of.

I'm not a metal player, but I would love to have one for my studio.

Then again, I've gotta slow down a little.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Guys, I received my Archon today, I was so excited to finally play it...But bummer!

I have a pretty loud hum all over the two channels (pretty disturbing when playing on reasonable volume levels) and when I play on the clean channel I hear the distorted guitar tone in the background...Even when I turn the channel volume completely down I can hear the distorted channel on the clean channel...
    This is already my second Archon, the first only had the hum problem. I really do not know what's happening here.

I tried everything: Different guitars, 100w/50w, effect loop on and off, different rooms...Nothing...I even moved the amp to another house...

Could you describe the noise you get on your clean channel if you have any? I think this amp has to be sent back to the dealer...:-( Again!

I got mine and I'm loving it. Sorry to hear you're having issues with it. I've heard a couple other people having similar issues. I would send it back and have Doug and crew do their magic and make it better. Great people to deal with when it comes to customer service.
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

Matt, every time you post a pic of your PS, my jaw drops.

Bill
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    Matt, every time you post a pic of your PS, my jaw drops.

Bill
    It's one of the coolest tops IMO. Everytime I go thru PRS on Brian's and it pops up, I freak out for a second.

Played my first live gig with the new Archon and I must say....I'm loving it!

[IMG][/IMG]
    PRS Custom 24, McCarty Hollow Body ll 20th Anniversary, Ruby Riot 2, PRS Archon with PRS 2X12 Stealth Cabinet

Great looking rig, Pima!

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Great looking rig, Pima!
    Thank you!

+1
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by DISTORT6 View Post
    I'd rather HEAR it!

Dumb question, but what are the dimensions of the 212 cab under that Archon head?