Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Sinker" on Sigs

Hybrid View

"Sinker" on Sigs

Ok, I'll ask. This has been a pretty hot debate elsewhere so it's probably time to go right to the source and ask. Many guys are bummed to find out the "sinker" necks they have on both PS and Core Sigs are not what is generally accepted in the industry as "sinker."

I realize Paul put out a video that clarified PRS sinker vs. river/lake sinker. Just seems that, possibly with the popularity of river loggers on TV, more than a few guys bought into Sigs because of the cool factor of 200+ year old growth being recovered and used in a killer guitar.

Now, we realize that isn't the case, and the Sigs still rock but have we lost some of the cool?

Just an FYI update, and last thing I will ever say about this publicly. I did send emails Monday and Wednesday to PRS Cust Serv. Did not even get a reply. Not that I really needed a reply, it obviously would not change my guitar. I did expect to at least hear something back. My last email said I unfortunately have to vote with my wallet going forward. Not that I buy a ton of new PRS but it's been 6-7 since 2009. First time I've ever had emails go unanswered by PRS.

I will say again though, the general apology here was a step in the right direction at least.
    Last edited by Buickrob; 05-24-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buickrob View Post
    Just an FYI update, and last thing I will ever say about this publicly. I did send emails Monday and Wednesday to PRS Cust Serv. Did not even get a reply. Not that I really needed a reply, it obviously would not change my guitar. I did expect to at least hear something back. My last email said I unfortunately have to vote with my wallet going forward. Not that I buy a ton of new PRS but it's been 6-7 since 2009. First time I've ever had emails go unanswered by PRS.

I will say again though, the general apology here was a step in the right direction at least.
    A couple of things are driving me batty. In the same paragraph, you state "not that I really needed a reply," and that since you didn't get one, you're going to "vote with your wallet going forward."

Maybe you don't see a contradiction here. I don't want to start another argument, but you clearly did need a reply, and I sincerely hope you get one.

Also people are thanking Shawn for re-stating the very same explanation Paul Smith gave in his video, like it's somehow different. What's changed? That he said, in essence, "we're sorry for the mixup?"

I received this e-mail yesterday from Shawn...

I will be out of the office until May 29th, 2012.
    I will reply to your email upon my return.

Thank you.
    Not an excuse, but maybe an explanation...

Jamie

I did send emails Monday and Wednesday to PRS Cust Serv. Did not even get a reply. Not that I really needed a reply, it obviously would not change my guitar. I did expect to at least hear something back.
    Yup. The man is on a well deserved vacation.
    Last edited by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ; 05-24-2012 at 11:13 AM.
    One Life

Rob,

I've been out of the office so I thought I'd post a reply here on the forum so that you didn't have to repost my email to you.

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    A couple of things are driving me batty. In the same paragraph, you state "not that I really needed a reply," and that since you didn't get one, you're going to "vote with your wallet going forward."

Maybe you don't see a contradiction here. I don't want to start another argument, but you clearly did need a reply, and I sincerely hope you get one.

Also people are thanking Shawn for re-stating the very same explanation Paul Smith gave in his video, like it's somehow different. What's changed? That he said, in essence, "we're sorry for the mixup?"
    Just when I think I got out.........

Jesus Christ, stop over ANALyzing every damn word. Somehow you think you know everything going on in other people's minds. You do not know what I need vs. what I want. I did not need a reply, I did expect one. Happy now? My decision to vote with my wallet was pretty much already made by that point.

Why is there no ignore function on this forum? I am using with great pleasure at other forums so I never see 'ole Les' posts.

Quote Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
    I received this e-mail yesterday from Shawn...

Not an excuse, but maybe an explanation...

Jamie
    Ahh, I emailed the general link on the PRS website and did not get an out of office.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Yup. The man is on a well deserved vacation.
    I have no doubt it is well deserved, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Rob,

I've been out of the office so I thought I'd post a reply here on the forum so that you didn't have to repost my email to you.
    Didn't realize you were out as the email address I wrote to did not kick back a message. Emails are usually replied to very quickly and honestly it seemed like direct communication was being avoided. Have a great vaca!

Why is there no ignore function on this forum?
    There is.
    1) Click on the username of the person you'd like to ignore.
    2) Click [View profile] from the drop-down menu that appears.
    3) Select [Add To Ignore List] from the options visible under their avatar.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    There is.
    1) Click on the username of the person you'd like to ignore.
    2) Click [View profile] from the drop-down menu that appears.
    3) Select [Add To Ignore List] from the options visible under their avatar.

Yes, just saw that. Thank you sir!

i still think everyone should just tell each other to #!@&$! Off shake hands, put the disagreement behind them and grab a beer...
    -Bob

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT View Post
    i still think everyone should just tell each other to #!@&$! Off shake hands, put the disagreement behind them and grab a beer...
    This x 2 + Slap

Rob

Can we see your guitar

Quote Originally Posted by TGSCAN View Post
    Can we see your guitar
    There you are. I will need to see your passport before boarding.

Rob

Can we see your guitar

Yeah man.

Banned
    ^magnificent. How long have you had this guitar? mine used to look like that. now it has swatches of light brown running thru it. Yours seems to have some of that brown in the more shaded pics. I'll send pics soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyhturbo View Post
    ^magnificent. How long have you had this guitar? mine used to look like that. now it has swatches of light brown running thru it. Yours seems to have some of that brown in the more shaded pics. I'll send pics soon.
    I ordered this guitar right when my dealer got back from NAMM in January. I had it in hand just 2-3 weeks later as I recall.

Very cool looking SIG bro !

and damn, you have good taste in pedal boards !

I am also a proud "wood" junky ........

Very cool looking SIG bro !

and damn, you have good taste in pedal boards !

I am also a proud "wood" junky ........

Yum, I mean sweet!

Had a guy on TGP make the tweed frame and I did the flame top. Cool project for under $180!

AWESOME!

Yeah man.

I like both my Sig's. There IS a difference in the sustain on both of these compared to my other gtrs. PRS, Fender, whatever. So I do think that this run of "hog" is special. I also thought that it meant it was old wood recovered from the bottom of some pond/river but it really doesn't matter to me. Unplugged they ring/sustain forever. So, just my opinion.

Kate likes them both.

But I think she prefers "Norma"..One of my fave pics of Kate. Her curiosity of everything has made me look at things in a whole new way.
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!