Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 179

Thread: "Sinker" on Sigs

  1. #61

    Re: "Sinker" on Sigs

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT
    Besides I can't submit to you...I'm already taken...sorry...


    my wife has got the key.

    Pretty sure Heather has you locked up anyway...
    Why you Son of a... um... err...

    [Sigh]

    Ok. You got me. I guess Bob is a Destroyer too.

    But I did play her guitar this weekend. M'wahahahahahahahahahaha!
    One Life

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,496

    Re: "Sinker" on Sigs

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT
    APPLE PIE...Cinnamon and Brown sugar...vanilla ice cream...lip smackin gooey good.
    What???? WRONG!

    Everyone knows it's pecan pie.

    Regular Pecan, Bourbon Pecan, Chocolate Pecan... whatever. As long as you submit to me and confess to everyone that I am right.

    Don't make me call in my expert witness, DocBennett. He will destroy you. :twisted:

    :mrgreen:

    I confess! I confess!!

    It's Pecan Pie with a bit of melted chocolate drizzled over the top.


    And besides....the name is Ned! :lol:

  3. #63

    Re: "Sinker" on Sigs

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT
    lucky guy...did ya sneak it or did she let ya?
    Ummm... I'm sure I don't know what you mean, Bob. :?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ned The Destroyer
    I confess! I confess!!

    It's Pecan Pie with a bit of melted chocolate drizzled over the top.[/b]

    And besides....the name is Ned The Destroyer! :lol:
    Fixed.
    One Life

  4. #64
    408 Sig Club President Twinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    478

    Re: "Sinker" on Sigs

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT
    My personal experience with PRS as a company is that when mistakes are made they fix them and typically go above and beyond...they care about their clients...the end consumer/user tremendously.
    But what is the "fix" in this case? There is no obvious one unlike faulty wiring or incorrect pickups fitted.

  5. #65

    Re: "Sinker" on Sigs

    Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni
    can someone fill me in? what is "sinker" mahoganny as used on these PRS??
    From the first page: http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/blo ... r_mahogany

  6. #66

    Re: "Sinker" on Sigs

    Quote Originally Posted by Twinfan
    But what is the "fix" in this case?
    From page 2 of this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    If you own one of these guitars, you don't need any more evidence to choose a productive path forward:
    Path #1: Contact your dealer and/or PRS Customer Service
    Path #2: Accept Paul's explanation (See video in this thread) and continue to enjoy the guitar
    One Life

  7. #67
    408 Sig Club President Twinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    478

    Re: "Sinker" on Sigs

    Fair point Hans.

    I'm out.

  8. #68
    Large Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    154

    Re: "Sinker" on Sigs

    Quote Originally Posted by docbennett
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

    The Argument Sketch



    A man walks into an office.

    Man: (Michael Palin) Ah. I'd like to have an argument, please.

    Receptionist: Certainly sir. Have you been here before?

    Man: No, this is my first time.

    Receptionist: I see. Well, do you want to have the full argument, or were you thinking of taking a course?

    Man: Well, what would be the cost?

    Receptionist: Well, It's one pound for a five minute argument, but only eight pounds for a course of ten.

    Man: Well, I think it's probably best if I start with the one and then see how it goes from there, okay?

    Receptionist: Fine. I'll see who's free at the moment.

    (Pause)

    Receptionist: Mr. DeBakey's free, but he's a little bit conciliatory. Ahh yes, Try Mr. Barnard; room 12.

    Man: Thank you. (Walks down the hall. Opens door.)

    Angry man: WHADDAYOU WANT?

    Man: Well, Well, I was told outside that...

    Angry man: DON'T GIVE ME THAT, YOU SNOTTY-FACED HEAP OF PARROT DROPPINGS!

    Man: What?

    A: SHUT YOUR FESTERING GOB, YOU TIT! YOUR TYPE MAKES ME PUKE! YOU VACUOUS TOFFEE-NOSED MALODOROUS PERVERT!!!

    M: Yes, but I came here for an argument!!

    A: OH! Oh! I'm sorry! This is abuse!

    M: Oh! Oh I see!

    A: Aha! No, you want room 12A, next door.

    M: Oh...Sorry...

    A: Not at all!

    A: (under his breath) stupid git.

    (The man goes into room 12A. Another man is sitting behind a desk.)

    Man: Is this the right room for an argument?

    Other ManJohn Cleese) I've told you once.

    Man: No you haven't!

    Other Man: Yes I have.

    M: When?

    O: Just now.

    M: No you didn't!

    O: Yes I did!

    M: You didn't!

    O: I did!

    M: You didn't!

    O: I'm telling you, I did!

    M: You did not!

    O: Oh I'm sorry, is this a five minute argument, or the full half hour?

    M: Ah! (taking out his wallet and paying) Just the five minutes.

    O: Just the five minutes. Thank you.

    O: Anyway, I did.

    M: You most certainly did not!

    O: Now let's get one thing quite clear: I most definitely told you!

    M: Oh no you didn't!

    O: Oh yes I did!

    M: Oh no you didn't!

    O: Oh yes I did!

    M: Oh no you didn't!

    O: Oh yes I did!

    M: Oh no you didn't!

    O: Oh yes I did!

    M: Oh no you didn't!

    O: Oh yes I did!

    M: Oh no you didn't!

    O: Oh yes I did!

    M: No you DIDN'T!

    O: Oh yes I did!

    M: No you DIDN'T!

    O: Oh yes I did!

    M: No you DIDN'T!

    O: Oh yes I did!

    M: Oh look, this isn't an argument!

    (pause)

    O: Yes it is!

    M: No it isn't!

    (pause)

    M: It's just contradiction!

    O: No it isn't!

    M: It IS!

    O: It is NOT!

    M: You just contradicted me!

    O: No I didn't!

    M: You DID!

    O: No no no!

    M: You did just then!

    O: Nonsense!

    M: (exasperated) Oh, this is futile!!

    (pause)

    O: No it isn't!

    M: Yes it is!

    (pause)

    M: I came here for a good argument!

    O: AH, no you didn't, you came here for an argument!

    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.

    O: Well! it CAN be!

    M: No it can't!

    M: An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.

    O: No it isn't!

    M: Yes it is! 'tisn't just contradiction.

    O: Look, if I *argue* with you, I must take up a contrary position!

    M: Yes but it isn't just saying 'no it isn't'.

    O: Yes it is!

    M: No it isn't!

    O: Yes it is!

    M: No it isn't!

    O: Yes it is!

    M: No it ISN'T! Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says.

    O: It is NOT!

    M: It is!

    O: Not at all!

    M: It is!

    (The Arguer hits a bell on his desk and stops.)

    O: Thank you, that's it.

    M: (stunned) What?

    O: That's it. Good morning.

    M: But I was just getting interested!

    O: I'm sorry, the five minutes is up.

    M: That was never five minutes just now!!

    O: I'm afraid it was.

    M: (leading on) No it wasn't.....

    O: I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to argue any more.

    M: WHAT??

    O: If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.

    M: But that was never five minutes just now!
    Oh Come on!
    Oh this is...
    This is ridiculous!


    O: I told you... I told you, I'm not allowed to argue unless you PAY!

    M: Oh all right. (takes out his wallet and pays again.) There you are.

    O: Thank you.

    M: (clears throat) Well...

    O: Well WHAT?

    M: That was never five minutes just now.

    O: I told you, I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid!

    M: Well I just paid!

    O: No you didn't!

    M: I DID!!!

    O: YOU didn't!

    M: I DID!!!

    O: YOU didn't!

    M: I DID!!!

    O: YOU didn't!

    M: I DID!!!

    O: YOU didn't!

    M: I don't want to argue about it!

    O: Well I'm very sorry but you didn't pay!

    M: Ah hah! Well if I didn't pay, why are you arguing??? Ah HAAAAAAHHH! Gotcha!

    O: No you haven't!

    M: Yes I have! If you're arguing, I must have paid.

    O: Not necessarily. I *could* be arguing in my spare time.

    M: I've had enough of this!

    O: No you haven't.

    M: Oh shut up!

    (Man leaves the office)




    Tl:dr.

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    414

    Re: "Sinker" on Sigs

    Jamie and Hans, for two guys who seem to think this is a pointless debate and everything has been said already you sure are doing a good job at keeping the thread alive. I'm too lazy to count but I bet you guys have the most posts in this thread. :P
    You're never too old for tater tots.

  10. #70
    Shoegazing Member Serious Poo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    North of the southern border, east of the western sea
    Posts
    171

    Re: "Sinker" on Sigs

    Ya know... I've got a sinking feeling that I need to order a sig limited private stock in green, brown and cream just so you pecan-friendly ninnies may finally see and hear the awesomeness and majesty that is Apple Pie a la Mode. And just to make it more funner, I'll ask for a sinker mahagony neck. :-)
    Be.
    Do.
    Have.

  11. #71

    Re: "Sinker" on Sigs

    Quote Originally Posted by hippietim
    ...for two guys who seem to think this is a pointless debate...
    Nah, it isn't pointless, Tim. People have a right to express how they feel. But we also have clearly posted rules. #1 on that list (to paraphrase) is "Be Kind."

    Here's the section of rule #1 that applies to some of this thread:
    Any "trolling", personal attacks, or unbecoming behavior is against forum rules and won't be tolerated (and it just makes you look bad).

    But, back to your point, if anyone got the impression that I feel like this debate is pointless, I sincerely apologize. That certainly is not the case. I re-read my posts and didn't see anything to suggest that at all. But, hey, there are many ways to interpret text and people see what they want to see.

    Thanks for the feedback, Tim. Without it I might never have had the chance to clarify this point.

    Hey look, I posted again! :lol:
    One Life

  12. #72
    Bobble Head Moderator JMintzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Potomac, MD
    Posts
    1,590

    Re: "Sinker" on Sigs

    And since I'm looking to increase my post count, my participation was to try to "humorously" get the point across that the thread was beginning to simply go round and round and round.

    Pretty much all points were made, and it was devolving into arguing for the sake of arguing.

    Sorry if you felt it was simply "keeping the thread alive"...

    I'll try to do better...
    ---Jamie---

    My Gear

  13. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    414

    Re: "Sinker" on Sigs

    @Hans - I had actually intended to reply to this thread the other day but at the time one of your posts was the last one and the thread was locked so I assumed you had shut it down considering the matter closed. It left me thinking "so that's how it's going to be here".

    @Jamie - I got the attempt at humor. And I don't even disagree. But you and others repeatedly saying it's beating a dead horse, going around and around, etc. is no different than actually beating a dead horse and going around and around.

    And I was just bustin' y'all's chops to begin with - hence the smiley.
    You're never too old for tater tots.

  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    414

    Re: "Sinker" on Sigs

    And while I'm here bumping the thread, I may as well throw my .02 in.

    I don't care that they called the wood "sinker". It simply doesn't matter to me. However, I did assume it was reclaimed sunken wood. I've heard that use of the term for many years. Anyone that did a web search for sinker mahogany after seeing that on the PRS site would turn up hundreds of hit discussing reclaimed sunken wood. Pretty much all of the hits are for guitar tone wood.

    I don't assume there was any malice on the part of anyone at PRS to begin with. But the simple fact that PRS felt compelled to release a video explaining that their use of the term differs from the industry at large indicates that at some point they realized that customers felt like they were being misled. A video probably does not make folks that care about this sort of thing feel any better about the matter.

    I think continuing to use the term "sinker" is misleading given that they are obviously aware of the way it is being misinterpreted.
    You're never too old for tater tots.

  15. #75

    Re: "Sinker" on Sigs

    Quote Originally Posted by hippietim
    Hans - I had actually intended to reply to this thread the other day but at the time one of your posts was the last one and the thread was locked so I assumed you had shut it down considering the matter closed.
    It's all good, Tim. The time-out was an uncommon opportunity for people to cool the jets, realize (1) that some people were deliberately trying to start a fire, and (2) continue forward behaving as gentlemen. As Jamie suggested, the argument had become circuitous and people turned their attention from the issue to each other.

    If nothing else, it gave Bennett (henceforth known to his pals as "Ned") time to create the golden nugget of hilarity that is the Destroyer. On a long enough timeline (like 5 minutes after it was posted), things like that become a fun part of a new culture - even for Bennett. It's a sign of emotional IQ, as far as I am concerned.

    We're all here for the love of guitars. Sometimes that gets lost. If you know me, you know I totally get it.

    Anyway... peace.
    One Life

  16. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    414

    Re: "Sinker" on Sigs

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    We're all here for the love of guitars.
    Not entirely. Shawn is here for beer too. Speaking of which, what beer will be available at the Experience this year?
    You're never too old for tater tots.

  17. #77
    Bobble Head Moderator JMintzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Potomac, MD
    Posts
    1,590

    Re: "Sinker" on Sigs

    Quote Originally Posted by hippietim
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    We're all here for the love of guitars.
    Not entirely. Shawn is here for beer too. Speaking of which, what beer will be available at the Experience this year?

    Shawn is only anywhere for the beer...

    Beer @ The Experience? No way!

    Jamie, reminiscing about Tremonti going on a beer run for me and Kingsley...
    ---Jamie---

    My Gear

  18. #78
    Bobble Head Moderator JMintzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Potomac, MD
    Posts
    1,590

    Re: "Sinker" on Sigs

    Oh, and like Hans said, the posts injecting a bit of humor help (hopefully) calm things down a bit...

    Or not (@sshole!) :lol:


    Jamie
    ---Jamie---

    My Gear

  19. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,496

    Re: "Sinker" on Sigs

    Ned, the Destroyer, approves of this thread!

  20. #80
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,903

    Re: "Sinker" on Sigs

    It has come to our attention that there is a misunderstanding surrounding the term "sinker" mahogany as we used it to describe our Signature Limited model. When the wood was first brought to our attention Paul commented, "This wood is so dense, it would sink in water," so the nickname "sinker" was given. It was never our intention to mislead folks into believing it was reclaimed wood that had been submersed in water for a period of time. The truth is most of us had never heard this term used before, but we've since learned of the word's other use, and we apologize for the mix up.

    PRS tries to be a transparent company. Those of you who are familiar with Paul and the PRS crew know this to be true.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •