Thread: Amp Cover

Amp Cover

So anyone one here have a decent amp cover? If so, where did you get it? I am looking for a cover for my Sweet 16+.....
    - Dane

“He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

I use the Studio Slips clamshell covers. They zip around the entire amp (or cab, or head) including the bottom. They're made of padded luggage-type nylon. They hold up forever and protect the amp very well.

http://www.studioslips.com/clamshell.php

They also make standard slipcovers of various kinds.
    Last edited by LSchefman; 04-18-2014 at 03:18 PM.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

amplifiercovers.com Great product, check out their page. They make one especially for the sweet 16. You choose the color,piping and any other frills, such as pockets, extra padding. The list goes on. The basic one is 45.00.
    Last edited by Audie; 04-18-2014 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danerada View Post
    So anyone one here have a decent amp cover? If so, where did you get it? I am looking for a cover for my Sweet 16+.....
    Mrs. made one for mine.

Contact Shawn and score one from PRS. Worth the money and effort. At least the head covers are the best.
    + '01 Custom 24 + '11 DGT Standard (Mr. Clean) + '09 SE One + Super Dallas + Stealth 2x12+

My pops just got a sweet 16+, too. He called PRS, and was told they have a cover available for about $65.

I sent Shawn a message.
    - Dane

“He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

I didn't know you could get a PRS cover. Anyone have a pic?

We don't have covers for every model, but we do have covers for the Sweet 16. Give the parts department a call at 410-643-9970 on Monday.

Excuse the crappy photos. Here it is when new...

There's a convenient elasticized velcro strap on the bottom to keep it in place, but it's such a snug fit, I don't need to use it. Nice touch, though. The inside is very plush and padded...velour/velvet without the Elvis pic...

There's even a zipper pocket in the back for ???

That's a fresh pic, so imagine how dirty my amp would be without it. Oh, and there's the embroidered PRS siggy on the front, for us fashion snobs.

Les, I think mine is for most top-mounted models like the HXDA/, Anni, Super D, etc. Picked mine up at Exp 2013. Highly recommended.
    Last edited by Boogie; 04-19-2014 at 08:23 AM.
    + '01 Custom 24 + '11 DGT Standard (Mr. Clean) + '09 SE One + Super Dallas + Stealth 2x12+

Thanks, Kerry, that's a nice cover! The Studio Slips covers are made out of that material, too. But I like the touch of the PRS logo.

When my covers get a bit soiled, I use the brush attachment on a vacuum to get the crud off, and then anything that's left I just wipe off with a damp cloth. The vacuum is usually enough, and it works well with that heavy nylon. This way I'm not simply wetting the dirt and grinding it in.

Oh, can you tell I'm a bit obsessive about cleaning?

Good point about the maintenance, Les. It appears that I'll be heading into a local studio soon to cut some demos so this is the perfect time to spruce stuff up. Out comes the brush and vacuum. B)