Thread: How can I spot a Fake PRS..?

How can I spot a Fake PRS..?

New here and first post.. I have a deal in the works for trading my Gibson Les Paul Axcess for a 25th, 10 Top, PRS Custom 24.. I just want to be sure it is the real deal.. What should I look for..?

This..

For this..

That sure looks like a real PRS to me. Most fakes I've seen have been very obvious. Do you have a reason to believe that the person you're trading with is trying to pass off a fake?

Looks legit to me.
    PS Starla (burnt orange smokeburst), Starla (vintage cherry, IRW neck, birds), HBII (faded gray black 'double' 10-top), HB12 (black gold), NF3 (antique white/birds), 25th ann. Mira 245 (frost blue metallic), KL1812, 2011 'Stripped' 58 (goldtop)

Quote Originally Posted by strat63 View Post
    That sure looks like a real PRS to me. Most fakes I've seen have been very obvious. Do you have a reason to believe that the person you're trading with is trying to pass off a fake?
    It is a Craigslist reply.. I had the Axcess up for sale on that site..

PRS can give you details on the serial number. You can check to make sure the details match.

BTW, looks legit to me, too. That's a cool top.

Looks good to me. I would ask for a full length pic, body to headstock, to confirm the pics are all of the same guitar. But that's me personally.

http://chinaguitarsceptic.com/

These are all fake and have unboxing and sound test videos on youtube.. you can totally tell the carvings, wood, hardware, birds, everything is cheap cheap cheap. your's in question looks mighty real to me. but always call prs with serial number and see if there are any discrepancies. Good luck!
    '13 Custom 24 Artist Grey/Black Quilt (one piece top) uncovered 57/08's. '11 BC Rich Stealth with Quad Bridge, Custom Bone Nut, Seymour Duncan Blackout bridge pickup.'05 Jackson SLSMG Soloist with Seymour Duncan Blackout pickup set.'95 Fender Jaguar '62 reissue with Gibson B59 humbucker in the bridge.'13 Gibson SG 70's Tribute. '99 Mesa Boogie 2 channel Triple rectifier with custom bias mod and "top secret" solo channel in FX loop. Kev-

I emailed PRS and this was their reply: Thank you for writing PRS Guitars. This appears to be a 2010 Custom 24 25th
    Anniversary, figured maple 10 top, mahogany neck with a regular carve, East Indian rosewood fretboard, Vintage Yellow finish with 57/08 pickups. I hope you find this information helpful. Thank you for your continued support of PRS Guitars.

Looks legit to me. I had a 25 Anniversary Custom 24 for awhile, and it was awesome. I think you'll be pleased.

Glad to see that PRS confirmed that their info on it matches the guitar in question.

Ask the Gubmint to help you ........... They really hate counterfeit products
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

The Chinese seem to do a better job faking Gibsons, I wonder if there's a guy on My Les Paul with the same thread?

Congratulations if you decide to get it, love VY!

Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post
    Ask the Gubmint to help you ........... They really hate counterfeit products
    Word

It's real. Make the trade. It's definitely a trade up for you.

Its legit! and you'll be making an upgrade
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets/signed by PRS
    2012 FBJB 10 top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti
    2012 Tremonti CustomSE Grey/Black heavily modded, DGT frets and nut at PTC
    2014 ARCHON