Thread: Zack Meyers!

Zack Meyers!

Received my Zack Meyers from Sweetwater today. Seems really awesome but I was having some tuning problems right out of the box. I changed the strings to Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky, 9-46. Looked at first like the 46 & 36 were a little tight in the nut, but the tuning seemed better. There is a little paint overspray where the green meets the natural wood at the cutaway, not sure if this is normal for the PRS SE guitars. Can't say enough about Sweetwater, they threw in a $150 Gator Flight Case for $46 more.

Congrats! That's a bangin' lookin' case for less than $50... interested to see the overspray if you get a chance.

Here is the overspray...is it worth griping over or am I just picky. Paid lots of $ plus waited a month to get this gem.

Wow.....I've never seen that kind of poor QC from PRS.
    2013 HB II Artist, '11 SC 58 Artist, '14 Custom 24 10Top Floyd, '12 Tremonti one-off, 2007/13 McCarty Korina,'11 Custom24 Quilted 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'12 NF3, '09 Tremonti SE, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles; Suhr, Gibson, Fender, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, EVH, Taylor, GJ2, Ibanez, Kramer, Agile & Spawn

IMHO, it is only worth griping over if it will continue to bother you going forward or you are concerned with resale value. On the other hand, you have a beautiful top there! Congrats!

It doesn't look like overspray...looks like stain bled out Still shoulda been scraped before a clear coat..
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets/signed by PRS
    2012 FBJB 10 top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti
    2012 Tremonti CustomSE Grey/Black heavily modded, DGT frets and nut at PTC
    2014 ARCHON

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Mmmm...

Poor job there. But, have a good think about this. If she plays great, sounds great and you seriously enjoy the guitar and think you'll bond with her for a long while then it can be easily overlooked.

I have a Korean hair underneath the poly on my Bernie. Just part of the guitar...

If they had a few in stock then I may be more tempted to return it. Things that would guarantee me returning a guitar are neck issues, cracks, fret issues. basically construction issues. Cosmetic? Well, so long as it's minor it can be overlooked.
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

That is BLEM and should have been caught @ the factory or at least by sweetwater... I know how hard it is too wait for something you really want, but I would send that back in a heartbeat.

Did you swap out the truss cover with a plain black one or is that how she came?
    Last edited by Matthew; 05-03-2014 at 08:43 AM.

The truss rod cover came like that? Not sure why? Wonder If they are rushing these things out because of the demand....

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post
    I have a Korean hair underneath the poly on my Bernie. Just part of the guitar...
    LMAO I had what I swore was an eyelash on my first SE Santana a few years back...I thought I was the only one...

RE: the finish bleed, agree that kinda sucks, and it would bother me too, but as others have said - if you like how she feels and plays, it will probably just become "part" of the guitar.
    1990, 91, 92 & 97 CE24s | 1991 CU24 | 2000 CU22 Semi-Hollow | 2003 & 04 SE EG
    2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited
    2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 HB II | 2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited
    2013 CU24 | 2013 XPRS 408 Semi-Hollow | 2014 CU24 Semi-Hollow

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CantankerousCarl View Post
    LMAO I had what I swore was an eyelash on my first SE Santana a few years back...I thought I was the only one....
    it's good to know I'll be able to clone a Korean if I ever need to...
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues