Thread: The battle begins...

The battle begins...

On one side, you have just shy of 2 acres of hilly, bumpy, unruly, angry turf.

On the other, an aging man armed only with modest power tools and this:

Who will win?
    Last edited by rugerpc; 05-10-2014 at 08:47 AM.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance, but he's soooo missingpieces over them now!
    Lexicon ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Conventional weapons are useless against ....THE TURF....the turf keeps coming...you'll win the battle but lose the war.
    Gear: Fender, PRS, Orange, Budda

Nice. I wish I had room in the shed for one of those. Mowing is one chore I would love to be done with.

The tractor will win.

Tractors always win.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

You'll win with tractor for sure. I had one years ago and it was great
    Me? I pay someone to cut my lawn these days. I work 6 days a week and the last thing I want to do on my one day off is cut the friggin' lawn

I have a son. Not cutting the grass now is a side benefit!
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

I'm going on my fourth season of not mowing... Love it! Like Bill I had two acres of lawn to mow for the last 8/9 years.. Seriously? I'm too punk for lawn care, if I owned a home I'd pull a Mr. T. and blacktop that sh!t.

i spent a couple hours digging dandelions this weekends. if they had green flowers i'd just let them go.
    (513 / P22 / McShootout / DC 245 Ted / DGT / DC22 / Santana / Cu22 Rosewood / 408 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {Archon, C, H, Dallas}

Quote Originally Posted by watelessness View Post
    i spent a couple hours digging dandelions this weekends. if they had green flowers i'd just let them go.
    I spread some weed killer granules last spring, walked outside today and saw that they must have finally started working :-) dandelions growing everywhere except my little plot, lol. Suppose ill do it again this year when I get the energy to finally mow.

Slev!

At first glance, I thought you changed your avatar to a pic of a lawn with huge, knob-shaped houses!!
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance, but he's soooo missingpieces over them now!

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    Slev!

At first glance, I thought you changed your avatar to a pic of a lawn with huge, knob-shaped houses!!
    HA!

That the closest I get to a lawn since we found the cheapest, best landscape company on the face of the earth! I retired my mower last year and while there was always something Zen about cutting the lawn for me, my lower back doesn't miss it at all.
    Gear: Fender, PRS, Orange, Budda

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    I'm going on my fourth season of not mowing... Love it! Like Bill I had two acres of lawn to mow for the last 8/9 years.. Seriously? I'm too punk for lawn care, if I owned a home I'd pull a Mr. T. and blacktop that sh!t.
    I told my wife for years I'd be happy if we had an astroturf lawn.

Seriously, lawn maintenance is so far down my list of priorities. I used to live across the street from a guy who resodded his lawn probably 15 times in the 13 years I lived there. I'd have been content if I only cut mine that much.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

I just dove back into lawn care. It's been since I was a very young man since I've had to deal with it. The mowing aspect doesn't bother me, it's not a huge yard. Throwing on some headphones for an hour is a little escape. It's all the other crap to try to make it look half decent. Previous owner didn't do much, it's in rough shape. Will see what I can do this year. I should've done the Trugreen or similar company thing, but I wanted to keep cost down my 1st year here. Next year it's either lawn service or mutha truckin' blacktop fool!

Well, it was nip and tuck for a while. The battle raged back and forth. the lawn had the edge - in places it was almost a foot high...

What could I do? I called in reinforcements. Nuthin' tames the grass like a Santana SE!

Thbbbbbt...

I got the grass done just in time. 10 minutes after those pics it was pouring cats and dogs.
    Thbbbbbt...

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    I got the grass done just in time. 10 minutes after those pics it was pouring cats and dogs.
    Yech - good thing you were inside. All that yelping and mewing would have hurt your ears!
    Alan