Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: uh, oh. played an Archon today...

uh, oh. played an Archon today...

i just went into the store for a capo. sigh. the next batch of Archon's had arrived. sigh. played one for about an hour. wow. it is very articulate and very powerful. seriously? a PRS amp with prescence and depth knobs? sigh
    (513 / P22 / McShootout / DC 245 Ted / DGT / DC22 / Santana / Cu22 Rosewood / 408 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {Archon, C, H, Dallas}

Oops.

So did the fisherman reel you in, or did you wiggle off the hook?
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Parkway has one?
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets/signed by PRS
    2012 FBJB 10 top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti
    2012 Tremonti CustomSE Grey/Black heavily modded, DGT frets and nut at PTC
    2014 ARCHON

Quote Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
    Parkway has one?
    well, they had two when i left yesterday but one was already on hold. i left with only the capo...and the puzzle of which was easier, bringing home the Archon to compare to my others or bringing in the others to compare to the Archon...
    (513 / P22 / McShootout / DC 245 Ted / DGT / DC22 / Santana / Cu22 Rosewood / 408 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {Archon, C, H, Dallas}

Quote Originally Posted by watelessness View Post
    well, they had two when i left yesterday but one was already on hold. i left with only the capo...and the puzzle of which was easier, bringing home the Archon to compare to my others or bringing in the others to compare to the Archon...
    You realize that it's a losing battle, either way, right?

Sounds to me like you'll be adding one to your stable - you've got a bunch of cool ones!

fighting the urge to go to Parkway........fighting.....
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets/signed by PRS
    2014 ARCHON

OK.....urge won and went to Parkway Music in Clifton Park. Brought my Mira with me with a Dragon pup in the bridge. Spent a half hour with it noodling and turning knobs and falling more and more in love. This amp is phenominal! I was getting Marshall to Bogner to almost mesa and then clean with pups tapped.....was drooling. So my Mira is still there....I left it with them so they can take the Dragon out of bridge and put original back in her then we are going to start discussions after I go back down with one of my Tremontis and check it again. Going to trade in the Mira towards the Archon. Even if I don't end up with this one, I am getting one!
    2014 ARCHON

You won't regret it. I love mine been using for recording and getting great results
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

Im sure you are south89...the articulation of the Archon was mind blowing! slight adjustments and the amp dialed in sweet tones and I was playing dry straight in. Bravo PRS, you have raised the bar again! I can't wait to get one!
    2014 ARCHON

OK.....urge won and went to Parkway Music in Clifton Park. Brought my Mira with me with a Dragon pup in the bridge. Spent a half hour with it noodling and turning knobs and falling more and more in love. This amp is phenominal! I was getting Marshall to Bogner to almost mesa and then clean with pups tapped.....was drooling. So my Mira is still there....I left it with them so they can take the Dragon out of bridge and put original back in her then we are going to start discussions after I go back down with one of my Tremontis and check it again. Going to trade in the Mira towards the Archon. Even if I don't end up with this one, I am getting one!
    hahahahahah. Love it, man! I played through that Z cabinet yesterday. Quite a wonderful match. You should probably take that home too.

lmao!!! It is a good match! Sounded amazing! I think they know when you or I walk in, got to the counter and was asked, your here to see the Archon aren't you Mike...
    2014 ARCHON

lmao!!! It is a good match! Sounded amazing! I think they know when you or I walk in, got to the counter and was asked, your here to see the Archon aren't you Mike...
    sigh

Dude....I know sigh if I didn't just go thru a huge repair on my F150 I would have bought it last night.......soon
    2014 ARCHON

Dude....I know sigh if I didn't just go thru a huge repair on my F150 I would have bought it last night.......soon
    dude. my father used to say "if wishes were horses then beggars would ride". you need to do whatever it takes to get that amp. you go get a second job delivering newspapers or digging ditches. you find a way. you dont settle for mediocrity.

LOL...right on man!!
    2014 ARCHON

As an aside, my partner and I do the music for the F150 "rant" ads with Dennis Leary. So that truck is pretty important to me!

That amp looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by watelessness View Post
    i just went into the store for a capo.
    Lies! All lies! You went to look at the Archon… the capo happened to fall in your pocket on the way out…
    ~ Matt

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Son, the HX/DA is a man's amp. One channel, not two, 50 watts of red hot glass crankin' out a tone that's big as...well...it's big.

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    As an aside, my partner and I do the music for the F150 "rant" ads with Dennis Leary. So that truck is pretty important to me!

That amp looks awesome!
    That's awesome man! Love my F150 and those commercials!! Just had some repairs and spring tuneup, ended up over a grand , so that dipped into the Archon fund. This weekend maybe if we can work out a good deal
    2014 ARCHON

OK...Archon is on hold with my name on it! Should be picking it up tomorrow afternoon, expect a new amp day post!
    2014 ARCHON