Thread: Best or favourite 1x12 cab

Best or favourite 1x12 cab

Hi guys, I wondered if I could get your thoughts on a 1x12 cab.

I will be getting my Bogner amp early next month and looking to get a cab to go with it. Currently top of the list is the Bogner 112CP, known as the Cube. Partly because it matches and I like things that match and it also gets great reviews/feedback. I am however partial to better products if you guys would be kindly to enlighten me?

Budget…I'd say same or not much more than the Bogner Cube, which is £500.
    PRS Custom-24 10-Top Black Gold, Stripped 58 Blue Multi Foil
    Taylor T5-S Red Edgeburst, GS Mini Mahogany

JFB has a Bogner 1x12 - the shallow depth one - that sounded awesome with numerous heads...especially the EVH 5150 III! Whatever model that was, I highly recommend it for most styles.

Personally, I have a PRS 1x12 with a V30 that I really like. Sounds huge and is very similar in sound to the pine 2x12, which IMO, is one of the best sounding cabs on the planet. Less money than your Bogner but not by much.
    Last edited by Boogie; 05-17-2014 at 10:09 PM.
    + '01 Custom 24 + '11 DGT Standard (Mr. Clean) + '09 SE One + Super Dallas + Stealth 2x12+

The great thing about the Bogner Cube is that it's a little box. That's also the bad thing about it...that is, it sounds good for its size but still a bit small and boxy compared to a larger cab.

Bogner's 2x12s are great, as are their larger 1 x 12s.

I'd also think about a PRS cab, or if you can find one, the wide body Mesa 1 x 12 is also a very nice cab for less money.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
    JFB has a Bogner 1x12 - the shallow depth one - that sounded awesome with numerous heads...especially the EVH 5150 III! Whatever model that was, I highly recommend it for most styles.

Personally, I have a PRS 1x12 with a V30 that I really like. Sounds huge and is very similar in sound to the pine 2x12, which IMO, is one of the best sounding cabs on the planet. Less money than your Bogner but not by much.
    I have this same cab and I run my Bogner 20th anniv Shiva with it. It sounds huge even at low volumes
    Whale Blue 2008 McCarty w./ IRW neck / DGT IRW neck incoming
    Black Slate 513 w./ IRW neck
    PRS 2 Channel H + Bogner 20th Shiva
    EBMM BFR Petrucci 7 string (IRW neck)
    EBMM Mystic Dream 6 string (IRW neck )