Thread: \m/ Metal Pickup Love?

\m/ Metal Pickup Love?

So after getting my Floyd Custom 24, I was really blown away by the \m/ pickups. I wasn't exactly sure if it was the maple neck, ebony, floyd, etc. on the guitar affecting the tone so I decided to get a set for my newly acquired Mc58. I like them just as much in this guitar. Great cleans and hard rock/metal tones.

Anyone else really liking these?
    PRS Guitars - PS #4344 SC245, PS #4343 DC245, PS #5330 DC245, Floyd Custom 24
    Powered by Friedman, ENGL, and Fender

I love them, they're not just a \m/ pickup though... not sure PRS should not have called it something else.
    also cleans up really nicely via the volume pot, pretty versatile.

"Duck, or you're gonna be talkin' out yo ass!"

This is surprising to me as I did not really like them when I tried them out at MA Pete's - you and I usually have the same taste in tones....
    PRS believer.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
    This is surprising to me as I did not really like them when I tried them out at MA Pete's - you and I usually have the same taste in tones....
    I wonder if part of that might have been the Brazzy rosewood neck on that particular guitar? I personally don't care of the tone of rosewood neck. It might have played a big factor in this. I'm still a big fan of the 59/09 in my Teds, but I do like the metal pickups for more modern tones. I agree they are very versatile, but for higher gain tones they tend to hold together better than the 59/09 bridge for my taste at least.
    PRS Guitars - PS #4344 SC245, PS #4343 DC245, PS #5330 DC245, Floyd Custom 24