So I bought the guitar 2 weeks ago, been playing it frequently, so here are my thoughts.
I am coming from a custom 22 and a MEQ so I knew there was going to be a big difference.
- Hate the pick ups, way to fuzzy and gets really messy when playing intricate parts (I am using a Bogner Uberschall, not some fuzz box).
- It needs to be tuned constantly, setup looks ok, using 10's .. Might take it in to get re-set
- Not a big fan of the sanded neck, but its usable
- It has no character
- The nut is to fat on the high E and digs into the side of my pointer finger
- Love the overall look
- Cleans up nicely when rolling back the volume on the high gain channel
- No QC issues
Overall - This is a $600 guitar for a reason, it feels like a lifeless guitar and the only thing going for it is its looks.
Regardless I am still keeping it. Maybe I might change the pickups but I don't know if its worth the investment.
Just my .02