Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Indy 500

  1. #1
    Senior Member 11top's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,657

    Indy 500

    Just got home from the best 500 I've ever seen. I didn't want Franchitti, but it was a great race with about 12 guys bunched together on the final lap. Hotter than hell, but at least we were in the shade. I already can't wait for next year.
    Sh*tter's full

  2. #2
    Large Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    154
    Why didn't you invite me?

  3. #3
    Senior Member 11top's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilmo View Post
    Why didn't you invite me?
    I want it in the public record that Mike Hansen aka Zilmo is invited to next year's Indy 500 sitting next to yours truly. However since I can't remember what I had for breakfast, Mr. Zilmo will have to help me remember. See you next May.

    By the way, best seats in the house- Stand B under the pavillian, with views through turns 4 , 1 , and 2. And across from the pits.
    Sh*tter's full

  4. #4
    Large Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    154
    I am so there.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 11top View Post
    I want it in the public record that Mike Hansen aka Zilmo is invited to next year's Indy 500 sitting next to yours truly. However since I can't remember what I had for breakfast, Mr. Zilmo will have to help me remember. See you next May.

    By the way, best seats in the house- Stand B under the pavillian, with views through turns 4 , 1 , and 2. And across from the pits.
    Man, I was right near you! Our seats are Stand B Box 7 Row Q. We have 8 there. We come in a motorhome Saturday morning and leave late Sunday evening. I've been going since the mid '80s but the seats have been my friends since the early '70s.
    One of the best finishes I've seen there and I'm a Dario fan, so that made it even better! It would have been cool if Sato won though.
    tfancil

  6. #6
    Auth. PRS Dealer GC Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    129
    I was bummed when Sato spun out. Been a fan before he passed Alonso.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Daniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    620
    I was pulling for Reubens and Tony. Maybe next year. I'm still not too sure about "open wheel" cars that have rear bumpers and mostly enclosed rear wheels. My Dad took us to Indy a couple times back in '79-'80 or '81, it was a blast. I'd like to go again. Soon. Steve.

  8. #8
    Senior Member 11top's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I was pulling for Reubens and Tony. Maybe next year. I'm still not too sure about "open wheel" cars that have rear bumpers and mostly enclosed rear wheels. My Dad took us to Indy a couple times back in '79-'80 or '81, it was a blast. I'd like to go again. Soon. Steve.
    Daniel:
    Your seat's next to Z's, and a stone throws from Troy's in stand B, Box 8, row V.
    Last edited by 11top; 05-29-2012 at 06:31 AM.
    Sh*tter's full

  9. #9
    SuperD Boogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Indy, IN
    Posts
    1,312
    This was also the hottest 500 in history. Nothing quite like sitting on an aluminum convection oven for hours. Thank god the snake pit returned!!!

    It is indeed the greatest spectacle in racing, and just the coolest venue on the planet. But after 25+ years of attending - even worked there as a kid - I'm burned out...literally and figuratively. My lawn chair in the woods next to a cooler full of beer was just fine to see the two Mustangs, A-10 and F-16 fly over head. Glad you guys had a good time.

  10. #10
    Bridge constructor MykeWright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by 11top View Post
    I want it in the public record that Mike Hansen aka Zilmo is invited to next year's Indy 500 sitting next to yours truly. However since I can't remember what I had for breakfast, Mr. Zilmo will have to help me remember. See you next May.

    By the way, best seats in the house- Stand B under the pavillian, with views through turns 4 , 1 , and 2. And across from the pits.
    I haven't forgotten your kind offer Steve. One day............I'll make it.
    2Tek'd to the MAX

  11. #11
    Senior Member 11top's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,657
    Quote Originally Posted by MykeWright View Post
    I haven't forgotten your kind offer Steve. One day............I'll make it.
    And the offer still stands, Myke. My family has two groups of 10 tickets in stand B, turn one, which are arguably the best seats at the track. Let's go! Can you handle four hours between Z and Daniel? ;-)
    Sh*tter's full

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •