Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NAD! Paisley Archon!

B Standard riffs are a go!!!
    Plank Owner

Wow,
    Best looking Head yet! Nice work Alan
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post
    Wow,
    Best looking Head yet! Nice work Alan
    I would just like to go on record as saying this is the first time that anyone who has actually seen me in person has made a positive comment about the looks of my head.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    Honestly, one of the thoughts that ran through my mind was "I think this is what Les feels like with his HX/DA".
    So you have found cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels, doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles, wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings too, huh?
    The thought ran through my mind, but obviously, I was wrong.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    B Standard riffs are a go!!!
    Oh, the 7-string is coming out to play this weekend.

Fo sho.
    Alan

The thought ran through my mind, but obviously, I was wrong.
    I see.

You must be a "raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens" kinda dude, then.

Me, I'm all about the schnitzel with noodles.

It's nostalgic. I lived in Vienna for about 70 years back in the 18th century.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Oh, the 7-string is coming out to play this weekend.

Fo sho.
    Totes!

Let her rip dude.
    Plank Owner

Here you go...

https://soundcloud.com/alantig/1985-1

This is all with the new Archon amp. Various guitars - an SE 7-string, a 408, a Tremonti and - seriously - my DGT.

If you're sensitive to out-of-tune bends, stay away! I have several of those in there. I didn't worry about getting every one as good as they should be - the idea was to do a quick recording w/the Archon. And it delivers in spades!

I suspect the original recording has each guitar part overdubbed several times. I didn't get into that w/this - again, quick and dirty.
    Alan

Not like the other kids...

Here you go...

https://soundcloud.com/alantig/1985-1

This is all with the new Archon amp. Various guitars - an SE 7-string, a 408, a Tremonti and - seriously - my DGT.

If you're sensitive to out-of-tune bends, stay away! I have several of those in there. I didn't worry about getting every one as good as they should be - the idea was to do a quick recording w/the Archon. And it delivers in spades!

I suspect the original recording has each guitar part overdubbed several times. I didn't get into that w/this - again, quick and dirty.
    That's awesome man!!!

DGT's are great guitars. I have had a few and one of them still haunts me from time to time.

We need a Heartwork tag team!
    Plank Owner

HELL YEAH!!!
    (513 x 2 / McShootout / DGT / DC 245 Ted / DC22 / Santana / Cu22 Rosewood / 408 Standard / SAS / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {Archon 100, Archon 25, C, H, Dallas}

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    So you have found cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels, doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles, wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings too, huh?
    My brain read "cream colored panties……", and I thought "what the…. ?? There's some weird dudes on here."

Yes, yes there are. ENJOY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    My brain read "cream colored panties……", and I thought "what the…. ?? There's some weird dudes on here."
    I kinda like the panties lyric better...
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

I must have missed this thread when it first came out. Super cool looking!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aristotle View Post
    I must have missed this thread when it first came out. Super cool looking!!!!
    Sounds even better! Even with me behind the wheel!
    Alan

That is glorious!

Looks and sounds awesome, Alan! What's the backstory? Is this a 1-off paisley Archon or?

Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    Looks and sounds awesome, Alan! What's the backstory? Is this a 1-off paisley Archon or?
    Looks to be a limited run - Guitar Mavericks has one in.

Short version of the story - I'd been waiting for my dealer to get one since I didn't jump on the initial run (even missed out on a used one). Finally decided I'd waited long enough, and sure enough, Brian had one. Thought about it for a day, called Brian...and it was gone. But he said to check back because he knew he had the paisley one coming in a few weeks, but he wasn't sure about the black ones. I wasn't sure I wanted paisley, but I went back to Shawn's pics in PSF, and I decided that the paisley was maybe even more metal than the black because it's so not-metal.

Called Brian the next day. When I went to the web site for the phone number, there was a picture of the paisley Archon there. Didn't think much of it - I figured they'd just updated the site and were letting people know it was coming. When I got Brian, he said, "I am *so* glad you called - I've been wishing all day I'd gotten your contract info yesterday." I was wrong - it was in the store. Not for long, of course, but it was there. Took about five days because of the weekend, but that was nothing.
    Alan