Thread: 59/09 Limited...Modern Eagle?

59/09 Limited...Modern Eagle?

I was curious earlier this evening about a marking that reads 5909 ME in the neck pickup cavity of my 59/09 Limited and wanted to know if the this run was ever considered a part of the Modern Eagle family? Or perhaps the ME means something different all together, I'm open for enlightenment. Here's the marking...

Chasing Fragile Harmonics...

Interesting. I'd check mine, but I stupidly traded it to Brent.

Quote Originally Posted by Faded View Post
    I was curious earlier this evening about a marking that reads 5909 ME in the neck pickup cavity of my 59/09 Limited and wanted to know if the this run was ever considered a part of the Modern Eagle family? Or perhaps the ME means something different all together, I'm open for enlightenment. Here's the marking...

Very cool! You've piqued my interest.... I'll need to check mine this weekend

Could be they hadn't come up with an official name yet. Maybe a ME name was being kicked around. That I could see.

For me the 59/09 was a perfect ME1.1........ You lost the BRW but gained a Private Stock quilt top and the 59/09s.

It wouldn't surprise me if someone had not had similar thoughts at the factory??

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    For me the 59/09 was a perfect ME1.1........ You lost the BRW but gained a Private Stock quilt top and the 59/09s.

It wouldn't surprise me if someone had not had similar thoughts at the factory??
    +1000

agree!
    and if it has a glossy finish it has another plus for me.
    Bavarian Barbarian