Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My beloved ME1 headed to the PTC...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawksCRNA View Post

Stoked...
    I'm going to pull out a cliche Hans hates and say "Pictures don't do it justice!"

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    I'm going to pull out a cliche Hans hates and say "Pictures don't do it justice!"
    No... I said it's a PRS so it's a given.
    One Life

Is this RW treatment in any way similar to the EB "gunstock oil/wax" finish? Or is this more down to handpolishing the wood
    to the level of a Japanese swordblade (I've read they even use oil mixed with horse hair for the really fine blade polishing).

All I can say is wow. It looks absolutely amazing. Difficult to photograph, but amazing. Love the 53/10 neck 57/08 bridge combo. The split tones when played together are some of my favorites. Haven't had a lot of time as I spent the weekend doing home improvement, but as I will manage to capture some good shots and offer a better tone report.

Guys, this is beautiful but I'm still torn about doing this to my original '94 ME1(one piece top, red tiger). Love the gloss. What exactly do they do to the neck. I like the neck the way it is. Also, what's it cost?
    thanks again, (also I couldn't figure out how to get a pic in here. The insert image wants a URL. The pic is on my C:drive.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jw3864 View Post
    Guys, this is beautiful but I'm still torn about doing this to my original '94 ME1(one piece top, red tiger). Love the gloss. What exactly do they do to the neck. I like the neck the way it is. Also, what's it cost?
    thanks again, (also I couldn't figure out how to get a pic in here. The insert image wants a URL. The pic is on my C:drive.
    Jeff
    Open an account at either www.photobucket.com or www.picturetrail.com
    and you'll be set!

Quote Originally Posted by jw3864 View Post
    Jeff
    I was torn also, but it turned out amazing. The neck feels amazing... I know I am never selling this guitar. If you might sell yours, I'd probably hold off, just because it won't be "original".