Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need a hollowbody...what should I get?

I like the HB1's with the all mahogany back and sides - they made maple and spruce topped options.

NS-14 or NS-15... best upper fret access you'll find on a set neck guitar

Hello everyone, I'm new here. About a year ago I bought a new Hollow Body II and it is by far the best guitar I have ever owned in terms of versatility (and I own a lot!). The piezo really allows you to explore effect driven sounds, while the standard pick-ups allow you to exploit the characteristics of the guitar itself. Definitely get one!

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Simple. A JA-15.
    I have never even played one, but agree with Les. I am as big a PRS fan as anyone (well, maybe not Les ) but the PRS hollow bodies have never done anything for me tonally. I have a feeling I would love the AJA-15 however. He is a monster player, and I do not think he would put his name on anything that was not killer......... Wait a minute, I did not dig the Gibson AJ model at all, so...I dont know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Prs2studio View Post
    I do not want a ZM period. I never have found a SE that feels right to me.
    That's what I used to think. Then, after a visit to Colorado, where I played a few SEs, I changed my mind. These guitars are the bargain of the guitar world. They play and sound good. Plus, I like the short scale length of the ZM. I'd like a fatter neck, but not a deal breaker.
    Sh*tter's full