Thread: Good (current) comparison of various mode' and pickups?

Good (current) comparison of various mode' and pickups?

I'm relatively new to the PRS universe. Is there a primer somewhere that compares the various models and pickups?

I recall seeing a chart that showed the relative hotness of various pickups, but it was dated and I can't find it anyway.

That's going to be a long list. Give us an idea of what you're after, and we can steer you in the right direction!
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE 30 Head/Cab

Quote Originally Posted by andy474x View Post
    That's going to be a long list. Give us an idea of what you're after, and we can steer you in the right direction!
    Excellent question. Well, I recently stumbled onto a McCarty 58, and I'm still having trouble understanding how the 58 differs from a standard McCarty.

And after exploring the PRS lineup for a while now, I find that I still don't have a clear idea of how all the various pickups compare (in terms of hotness, brightness, etc.).

So, generally speaking, I could use a primer (perhaps a chart still exists somewhere?) of the relative sonic qualities of PRS pickups.
    Last edited by Evan; 06-21-2014 at 05:25 PM.