Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All over the place, or in a case...

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar

All over the place, or in a case...

Just curious, do you all keep your guitars out on display or in a case when not in use?
    -Jon

"I'm a sinner and I hope I never change"

I have a bunch of "Hercules" wall mount hangers in a "sawtooth" pattern on my wall - I keep the the axes hanging on the wall when in the house. When I take them with me I have stands that I bring along.... My guitars spend very little time in their cases - only when travelling.

Cheers!

Gary

My "beater" is the only one that does not stay in the case, learned my lesson long ago.

Most are hanging from StringSwing hangers on the wall. The acoustics (which are more humidity sensitive), stay in their cases...

Jamie

A few on hangers on the wall, the rest in the cases.

I've got 'em all over the place & in cases. They're not out for display; they're out to be played & knocked over, (I even have guitars in my kitchen).

If mine aren't being played, they're in the case.

"Owning" them and taking unnecessary risks aren't the same thing to me.
    One Life

Mostly out on hangers or in stands. I find I play a lot more that way.

In cases in the guitar closet at all times when not being played.

Mine are hanging on StringSwings or on a stand. I play them more if they are out.
    Authorized WD Music Products Dealer
    Authorized TonePros Dealer
    F/A Official Southpaw Compliance Certification Tester @ http://faamps.com/

I did not lose my mind, I traded it for this guitar!

4 and 5 year old kids = CASE
    Not like the other kids...

Quote Originally Posted by DISTORT6 View Post
    4 and 5 year old kids = CASE
    I have a 3 1/2 year old tornado, so mine are up high (she's more interested in the drums anyway!). I have definitely found that I'm more likely to play in general, or try something different as far as tones are concerned, if they're all out.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

They hang on the wall on Stringswings ...
    Bill

PRS Private Stock #3568
    PRS Swamp Ash Special
    Mesa Mark V combo
    Fishman Loudbox Artist

My acoustics stay in their cases, but I have 3 wall hangers and regularly rotate electrics on them.
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

Most of mine are in cases at any one time. I have a small number of oldies hanging in the library. I recently got a couple of humidity controlled display cases for acoustics - more to better manage the humidity than to display them.
    I often keep the last few I've played out on stands in the music room and when the stands fill up I put them away and start over.

Mine are always in cases. I love the cases so much, I hang them on the wall with Case Contraptions so that I can look at, and enjoy the beauty of the case design.

As soon as my unpleasant guitar work is done, those guitars go right back in the case, and the case gets hung on the wall so that I can reach for it whenever I need a hug.

There's a rumor that a case should be kept in a case cover, and I heartily agree, but it's hard to find a case cover that's as awesomely cool as the case itself. So, a dilemma. I also collect accordion cases, but they're a little harder to hang on a wall, because they stick out so much.

I would keep all my clothing in suitcases, and hang them on the wall, too, but my wife is already objecting to the accordion cases hanging in our bathroom.

In all seriousness, I do keep them cased, I've found over 45 years of playing that it keeps the guitars in better shape, and more ready to play, with fewer adjustments than if I keep them out.
    Last edited by LSchefman; 06-05-2012 at 06:36 PM.

On stands/hangers when at home or in use. I have hangers on the wall next to the practice stool. Easier than stands, and always out of tripping range.

To me, the are just instruments. If something happens, it was meant to happen. I got enough other crap to sweat.

BDR-529

All my electric guitars hang from string swings. My acoustic guitars remain in their cases with humidifiers.

All @ Zilmo's house.........:-(
    PRS Guitars Endorsee....White and Relic'd Ones !

For those of you who use String Swings - do you have a problem with the rubber reacting with a nitro finish? cjmwrx, I see you have something wrapped around the rubber, no?