Thread: Hollow body spruce piezo into phantom powered input?

Hollow body spruce piezo into phantom powered input?

I just got an AER compact 60/3 amp which has phantom power on the second channel as the default setup. I would like to use that channel with my hollow body piezo but need to know that the PRS LR Baggs piezo has circuitry to prevent the phantom power from harming the guitar circuits. Anyone know this for sure?

Thanks!
    Almost everything you need to know about life is on the Internet; everything else you can find in a Yes song.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewer View Post
    I just got an AER compact 60/3 amp which has phantom power on the second channel as the default setup. I would like to use that channel with my hollow body piezo but need to know that the PRS LR Baggs piezo has circuitry to prevent the phantom power from harming the guitar circuits. Anyone know this for sure?

Thanks!
    Well, I've since discovered that the amp will not supply power if you plug in with a 1/4" jack. Still no idea on what phantom power would do to a piezo, though. Not that I'm eager to try it...
    Almost everything you need to know about life is on the Internet; everything else you can find in a Yes song.

Does that second channel have an input for a microphone also?
    I gave that pitch some vibrato, pitches love vibrato.

THE MOST OKAYEST GUITARIST IN THE WORLD!!!