Thread: Prs one piece stoptail vs adjustable vs two piece

Prs one piece stoptail vs adjustable vs two piece

What say you?
    I recently bought a new adjustable bridge with the big brass saddles to try on my one piece (with inserts) bridge PRSI (Paul's guitars). I will say it makes a big difference. On one guitar I thought it was cool and while not "better" the tone was great. On another guitar I felt that the new bridge immediately was not my cup of tea (very thick and less dynamics). I am interested in picking up a newer sc245 maybe an older one with the one piece or a newer one with the two piece. My guess is that the new two piece might sound similar to the new adjustable bridge with the block brass saddles? What are our experiences and which one do you prefer?

I can't tell you why, but I normally prefer the PRS guitars with the non adjustable one piece bridge. to me the adjustable one is ok if you have intonations issues and/or a piezo system. same goes to the 2 piece bridge.
    I love the original one piece bridge with the non locking tuners combo

That's the way I'm leaning too, didn't know If my ears (and amp) gave me an outlier experience. I don't have any experience with the two piece. I feel the one piece has more attack and highs, but who knows everything affects everything.

Quote Originally Posted by aduayer View Post
    I can't tell you why, but I normally prefer the PRS guitars with the non adjustable one piece bridge. to me the adjustable one is ok if you have intonations issues and/or a piezo system. same goes to the 2 piece bridge.
    I love the original one piece bridge with the non locking tuners combo

I've only had the one-piece versions: non-adjustable, adjustable, and piezo adjustable. I like the non-adjustable the most out of that group. I'd love to own something with the two piece, as so many people rave about it.