Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing new upgrade BRASS Sustain Block for PRS SE & S2 trem bridges

Introducing new upgrade BRASS Sustain Block for PRS SE & S2 trem bridges

Check this out...
    I have just finished my newly designed BRASS sustain blocks for PRS SE and PRS S2 trem equipped guitars !
    Direct replacement with no mods. Increase tone... sustain... harmonic content...

The Block will be available within the week from MannMade USA (that'd be me ).
    You will be able to order the upgrade block directly online at John Mann's Guitar Vault (
    www.GuitarVaultUSA.com)
    Sound / video files to follow shortly...

This photo is a 2013 PRS SE Santana with the original PRS SE bridge top plate bolted on to a MannMade USA Brass Block, MannMade USA polished saddles, MannMade USA STEEL mounting screws. The bridge now uses a US PRS or MannMade USA arm..

NOTE: This is an upgrade part only. As always... MannMade USA parts are for sale only as after market parts to be installed by you or a qualified tech.
    Last edited by John Mann; 07-02-2014 at 11:29 AM. Reason: add text re: aftermarket parts
    John Mann

John Mann's Guitar Vault - www.GuitarVaultUSA.com
    MannMade USA - www.MannMadeUSA.com

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Fancy.
    One Life

Bangin'!

Are these different dimensions than the standard SE blocks?

They look great!

Do they also fit US trems? (since there are US steel blocks around)

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    Super cool...can think of 1 or 3 SEs that might benefit from this treatment...good stuff John! #1 will be my upcoming SE EG project...count me in...
    1990, 91, 92 & 97 CE24s | 1991 CU24 | 2000 CU22 Semi-Hollow | 2003 & 04 SE EG
    2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited x2
    2012 NF3 | 2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 Hollowbody II | 2013 CU24
    2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited | 2013 XPRS 408 Semi-Hollow | 2014 CU24 Semi-Hollow

The Mann-made stuff is quality. Anyone who is contemplating a new block for their SE trem should really consider replacing the mounting screws as well. The SE screws just pure junk in comparison. I wish I had taken a side by side photo of the screws. It was night and day. You'll get much much better tuning stability with the mann-made screws.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    The Mann-made stuff is quality. Anyone who is contemplating a new block for their SE trem should really consider replacing the mounting screws as well. The SE screws just pure junk in comparison. I wish I had taken a side by side photo of the screws. It was night and day. You'll get much much better tuning stability with the mann-made screws.
    These will come with new stainless steel US 10-32 screws.
    John Mann

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Bangin'!

Are these different dimensions than the standard SE blocks?
    The block is designed to directly replace the SE / S2 steel block. This means all the holes will line up with the top plate. Hole sizes and depths are the same as the current PRS core 2 pc bridge. The threaded holes are US 10-32 threads, instead of the metric screws that are on the SE bridge. Three (3) new stainless steel screws will come with the bridge. The bushing will come pre-installed and already reamed out for an arm. I was thinking I would size it for the US arm, but I may also offer it sized for the SE arm... customer choice.
    John Mann

Quote Originally Posted by justmund View Post
    They look great!

Do they also fit US trems? (since there are US steel blocks around)
    No, but I will have a version for that too !
    John Mann

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Thank you

FYI... if you do want to replace the mounting screws, you want to make sure you use the STEEL version of these screws, as the SE bridge plates are steel. I have these in stock and they should be up on my website shortly.
    John Mann

Dang, wish I had some funds :-( nothings been going right lately, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by John Mann View Post
    The block is designed to directly replace the SE / S2 steel block. This means all the holes will line up with the top plate. Hole sizes and depths are the same as the current PRS core 2 pc bridge. The threaded holes are US 10-32 threads, instead of the metric screws that are on the SE bridge. Three (3) new stainless steel screws will come with the bridge. The bushing will come pre-installed and already reamed out for an arm. I was thinking I would size it for the US arm, but I may also offer it sized for the SE arm... customer choice.
    Cool! I like the option of the Mann/USA arm.

I was curious about the size of the block because the SE one's don't seem to have as much travel as the Mann/USA counterparts do and assumed it was because the block was not the same.

I would love to hear back to back sound clips of the same guitar/amp/mic/mic placement/etc... all variables eliminated, with strictly the block, saddles, and mounting screws swapped out. Has anyone ever done that, even on a non-PRS guitar?
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    I would love to hear back to back sound clips of the same guitar/amp/mic/mic placement/etc... all variables eliminated, with strictly the block, saddles, and mounting screws swapped out. Has anyone ever done that, even on a non-PRS guitar?
    I am working on that... Should be available in a few days...
    John Mann

I did band rehearsal tonight with the SE Santana shown in the closeup above... great guitar !!!
    John Mann

Awesome John!! You are the man!!
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets/signed by PRS
    2012 FBJB 10 top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti
    2012 Tremonti CustomSE Grey/Black heavily modded, DGT frets and nut at PTC
    2014 ARCHON

Not seeing them for sale yet. Is it NEXT week that they are landing?

Are we allowed to mention items we have for sale now in this forum? Or is that only for authorized PRS dealers? ALL Authorized PRS dealers?

Looking forward to seeing the pricing on these and to hearing reviews. WANT!! I think anyway.

These should come bundled with the 1980 spec saddles. Wrap 'em in some cellophane with a pack of smokes an' a bottle of wine and I'd never have to leave the house.

What about the saddles ?
    Are they replaceable with steel or brass?

Quote Originally Posted by prscat33511 View Post
    What about the saddles ?
    Are they replaceable with steel or brass?
    Always BRASS saddles... B-)
    John Mann