Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introducing new upgrade BRASS Sustain Block for PRS SE & S2 trem bridges

Update...

These blocks will be available for sale Aug 1st. ( I am currently on vacation somewhere east of Nashville, TN )
    The upgrade kit will include the Brass block, 3 stainless steel screws, arm bushing installed and reamed to your choice of US core arm or SE arm.

Arms, saddles, mounting screws, etc are also available thru my website.
    John Mann

John Mann's Guitar Vault - www.GuitarVaultUSA.com
    MannMade USA - www.MannMadeUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    These should come bundled with the 1980 spec saddles. Wrap 'em in some cellophane with a pack of smokes an' a bottle of wine and I'd never have to leave the house.
    Hmmmm... interesting thought ;-)
    John Mann

Quote Originally Posted by blaren View Post
    Not seeing them for sale yet. Is it NEXT week that they are landing?

Are we allowed to mention items we have for sale now in this forum? Or is that only for authorized PRS dealers? ALL Authorized PRS dealers?

Looking forward to seeing the pricing on these and to hearing reviews. WANT!! I think anyway.
    I think my initial A-B-C comps were pretty impressive. I'll post more when I get back from vacation.

BTW... Chris R had a chance to check them out at the Nashville NAMM show last week...
    John Mann

Quote Originally Posted by John Mann View Post
    Update...

These blocks will be available for sale Aug 1st. ( I am currently on vacation somewhere east of Nashville, TN )
    The upgrade kit will include the Brass block, 3 stainless steel screws, arm bushing installed and reamed to your choice of US core arm or SE arm.

Arms, saddles, mounting screws, etc are also available thru my website.
    Bold my emphasis...

The SE arm is a little thinner, and doesn't have the plastic tip handle thingy (which to me is neither here nor there). Since the SE arm sells for 1/3 of the cost of a Core arm, and one would assume someone with an SE trem bridge would already have the arm anyway, what benefit is there to using the Core arm, and is it really worth it? (The last question is quite speculative and subjective, naturally.)

Do SE arms break more often, due to their smaller thickness? (I jest, I hope.)

Just curious. I don't think it likely I would do this upgrade, but one never knows...

Any update on this? It's still marked "coming soon" on the Mann Made site.

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    Already plotting as well...mine might be attached to an S2 CU22 Semi-Hollow...may have to wait a bit though...
    1990, 91, 92 & 97 CE24s | 1991 CU24 | 2000 CU22 Semi-Hollow | 2003 & 04 SE EG
    2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited x2
    2012 NF3 | 2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 Hollowbody II | 2013 CU24
    2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited | 2013 XPRS 408 Semi-Hollow | 2014 CU24 Semi-Hollow

They are in stock and up on the website, finally....
    (got that one armed paper hanger syndrome going on :-)

Link - https://store.guitarvaultusa.com/Blo...ade_p/2053.htm

You can get the arm bushing sized for either the USA arm or the SE arm
    John Mann

Just ordered mine with the USA bushing and can't wait to get it. To be honest, I'm most excited about being able to use a Core trem arm on my Tremonti SE Custom. The SE arm is the reason that trem has been blocked off since I got the guitar. The brass block is a super-awesome bonus! Thanks John Mann.

EDIT: I just realized that the USA bushing might not fit up through the SE trem plate. Any word on this?

EDIT #2: Nevermind, I see that the SE trem plate is being used on your Santana in the first pic. I really need to pay more attention...

Quote Originally Posted by bretwomack View Post
    To be honest, I'm most excited about being able to use a Core trem arm on my Tremonti SE Custom. The SE arm is the reason that trem has been blocked off since I got the guitar.
    I asked about this earlier in the thread but did not seem to get any attention.

What is it about the SE trem arm you don't like? I have a core Cu24 with US trem of course and an SE Akerfeldt (with SE trem), and although the SE is a bit thinner and doesn't have the plastic "handle", I don't really notice a difference. What am I missing and/or immune to?

Quote Originally Posted by shinksma View Post
    I asked about this earlier in the thread but did not seem to get any attention.

What is it about the SE trem arm you don't like? I have a core Cu24 with US trem of course and an SE Akerfeldt (with SE trem), and although the SE is a bit thinner and doesn't have the plastic "handle", I don't really notice a difference. What am I missing and/or immune to?
    It's just a personal thing for me really, there aren't huge differences. 1) The SE arm appears cheaper, aesthetically. I'm really into how my guitars look. 2) It feels nicer in my hand, and when switching from guitar to guitar, that uniformity would be nice. 3) This is likely an experience unique to me, but the SE trem on my Tremonti has a little "wiggle room" to it when using it, and I think this upgrade will remedy that for me (yes, I've tightened the grub screw. The bushing wiggles inside).

So yeah, very small and personal reasons for getting one.

Gents, I haven't used this particular block, because I don't have a SE or S2. But I've added brass "big blocks" to all of my Floyds. Brass blocks are one of the few upgrades that made a really noticeable difference. Get sum!
    Model citizen...Zero discipline

http://reverb.com/shop/brad737