Thread: PRS and Dumble amps. SO fine!!

PRS and Dumble amps. SO fine!!

Just picked up a very old friend of mine. A TwoRock Emerald Pro made in 2001. This was my main amp for a LONG time, and after 5 years of being gone, it just klind of fell into my lap again. Its every bit or better than I remember it. Cleans that can rival my Super reverb (No Dumble can do that IMO), and an overdrive that while a bit different than most Dumbles (Its a rare Dumble HRM circuit) can hang in there with even the best Dumbles. The sustain is sick, and it sings like a bird. Still one of my favorite all time, all around amps.. Listen here. You can hear those notes in the bends straining to get out, but the amp will not let them go! To much water flow for that size pipe!

SWEET!
    Last edited by Tag; 07-01-2014 at 11:37 PM.

Tag, that is the very amp whose clips (made by you) convinced me to play T-Rs for a decade. Glad you got it back!

Just a beautiful sounding thing.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Tag, that is the very amp whose clips (made by you) convinced me to play T-Rs for a decade. Glad you got it back!

Just a beautiful sounding thing.

Thanks Les, thats the one! I was not even looking for ANY amp. I was working in the back yard of a planting we are doing last week, and my phone rings. Its Mr. Bob Stirner of TGP, Dumble and TwoRock fame, telling me my old E.pro went up for sale on TGP and I HAD to buy it back. I was not really all that interested, but he was so enthused, it rubbed off on my, and I actually bought it. Lol! In any case, I am glad I did. Few things in life are as good as one remembers from way back, but this is truly one of them. Not a bad sound in the amp, and just like I remembered, but a telefunken in V1 and the reverb slots, and it takes it up yet another notch. Just a sweet, unbelievably inspiring amp to play. Even if the exhaust hose is a bit too small for all that tone coming out! Strain on!

Congrats! Some tasty playing there.

Nice....fat and creamy tone. Um...I'd like to hear what I think is an L5 hanging up behind you.
    Last edited by Jorj; 07-02-2014 at 05:01 PM.

That sounds wonderful! Great playing as usual....listening to your stuff always reminds me that I need to learn more than the typical rock scales....

Dig it. I'd rock one of those amps or a maybe a Nicky Morach signature.
    Plank Owner

OK Tag....you're a bad influence..... Had to go to the warehouse this evening and I combined this:

with this:

The ODS with the DGT in single coil mode is out of this world. I've got to put these two back into the gig rotation....

Quote Originally Posted by Jorj View Post
    Nice....fat and creamy tone. Um...I'd like to hear what I think is an L5 hanging up behind you.

Thanks guys! Thats not an L5, but close! Its a 69 Johnny Smith. Probably my favorite jazz guitar. It was actually a special order, and it has a full floating top like an L5, where Johnny Smith speced the fingerboard be mounted into the top instead of floating over it, to give more sustain in the very upper frets. It does that, but for me, kills more acoustic tone than its worth in upper fret sustain. Sooo...this is probably a one off, and is perfect for me! I play it acoustically 90% of the time, and when you plug it in, I cant tell any difference between this and my old "regular" johnny Smiths anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by aristotle View Post
    OK Tag....you're a bad influence..... Had to go to the warehouse this evening and I combined this:

with this:

The ODS with the DGT in single coil mode is out of this world. I've got to put these two back into the gig rotation....

Beautiful amp! Which sig is that? I had a sig V1 and sig V2. Never tried the V3. Two Rock made some great amps, but I always dug their earlier ones the most for some reason. The later ones seemed to move away from the more straight up Dumble tones I dug so much.