Thread: I think Prs are catching on......

I think Prs are catching on......

I went to the Vans Warped Tour yesterday in Toronto,Ontario . Saw some prs, fenders,ibanez and Esp. Not many gibbys compared to the past year and almost triple the prs inventory . Some bands have forsure switched....hope it keeps in this direction.
    2013 PRS DGT,2011 PRS CU24, 2015 Esp Ltd Ironcorss, 2015 Esp MH2015
    1988 Washburn G1V
    Mesa rectroverb 25 ,Marshall 1960/Saxon 2x12

Narrowfield Pickup Fan HANGAR18's Avatar
    Sweet!
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP - ALICE COOPER

I am seeing them more and more as well.
    Plank Owner

PRS is actually a sponsor of the Warped Tour - I believe they are the "official acoustic of the tour" which is funny at a punk/metal tour but hey, its something. I think the introduction of the S2s allowed them to reach out to more new artists as far as cost to the company is concerned. I back it!
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    PRS is actually a sponsor of the Warped Tour - I believe they are the "official acoustic of the tour" which is funny at a punk/metal tour but hey, its something. I think the introduction of the S2s allowed them to reach out to more new artists as far as cost to the company is concerned. I back it!
    Every year Warped actually has something I think they call the acoustic basement tent and they have something like 6-10 different bands or one or two guys from a band play stripped down, or the lighter songs from their band at this tent. Surprisingly, a lot of the players in these punk bands are actually pretty killer acoustic players and have a lot of great ballady type songs.
    Scattered Light - My Band Scattered Light - 'Like' us on Facebook
    PRS McCarty Hollowbody, PRS Custom 24
    Mesa/Boogie Rectifier -> Rectifier Cabs -> Boss Tuner -> Modded Tremonti Wah -> DOD Gonkulator -> T-Rex Tremonti Phase Shifter -> Boss Digital Delay -> EHX POG -> eBow

While it seems they are catching on with the more mainstream music, I'm also reminded of when I swear every nu-metal band was rocking PRS during the early 2000's.

I think with the new floyd equipped Prs's , you'll see even more
    2013 PRS DGT,2011 PRS CU24, 2015 Esp Ltd Ironcorss, 2015 Esp MH2015
    1988 Washburn G1V
    Mesa rectroverb 25 ,Marshall 1960/Saxon 2x12

The new 'metalheads' stuff PRS is offering (prs \m/ pickups, the floyd cu24, and the 7 strings guitars) will certainly attract people
    Even more considering that modern metallers don't really buy "extreme" stuff anymore. Most of the modern progressive metal is done with medium to high pickups (BKP everywhere), custom builds and people tend to pay more attention to tonewoods, finishes and other aspects more than ever.

I guess that if Mark Holcomb from Periphery is really getting an endorsement deal (like the BTBAM guy) or even more a signature guitar, we will gain many more players here. Periphery are very well known and respected among the modern metal scene, and their guitarists signature stuff sells hard.
    He posted his cu24 in obsidian a couple months ago

Doesn't look like a ebony board with maple neck?

and another pic regarding his rehearsal / jam rig, sporting a SE7 in a "Tim Mahone-ish color" that Mark called "a one off color called Battleship Grey".
    Anyone wants to chime in for further details? is he getting a signature SE7?

Onyria - check out my band

Spencer Sotelo is also an endorsee from Periphery. If you go look at the Artist page and scroll down through there, there are a lot of Metal/hard rock players.
    I gave that pitch some vibrato, pitches love vibrato.

THE MOST OKAYEST GUITARIST IN THE WORLD!!!