Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S2 Semi-hollows

Gotta be honest, never been a fan of the Mira, but after seeing and hearing it as an S2 semi hollow....holy crap, I'm sold. I can't wait to see play one in person, tune it down and see/feel how it holds up so I know if this'll be my next purchase. What an incredible sounding instrument. Was not expecting that at all. Well done PRS well done!
    Scattered Light - My Band Scattered Light - 'Like' us on Facebook
    PRS McCarty Hollowbody, PRS Custom 24
    Mesa/Boogie Rectifier -> Rectifier Cabs -> Boss Tuner -> Modded Tremonti Wah -> DOD Gonkulator -> T-Rex Tremonti Phase Shifter -> Boss Digital Delay -> EHX POG -> eBow

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Yeah, but that's still like $3000 less than the next available Semi-Hollow Trem soooo... Still pretty amazing value, enough so that it's tempting a cheap-ass like me.
    The next available PRS semi hollow body that is. Without naming the competition, there is another USA made semi hollow with trem that has all high end parts, pickups, and trem for only about $600 more street. Not trying to be THAT guy at all. I have PRS guitars. However, PRS needs to know what the impartial person thinks too...which is me. I seek value. I don't care who makes it. In this case, it would be a tough decision between the 2.....between the guitar that needs mods and the one that is ready out of the box with a primo top. Just my 2 cents.

They sound great! First SE basses and now S2 semi-hollows? Nice work PRS!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    However, PRS needs to know what the impartial person thinks too...which is me. I seek value. I don't care who makes it. In this case, it would be a tough decision between the 2.....between the guitar that needs mods and the one that is ready out of the box with a primo top. Just my 2 cents.
    How do you know it NEEDS mods out of the box? Is the SE Trem that much of a piece of junk? Does it not stay in tune? (Not flaming, just asking, Ive never played one).

The S2 Pups in my experience have been excellent.

The next available PRS semi hollow body that is. Without naming the competition,
    There is no competition!

I feel you though... I have to mod all my guitars to my taste anyway so I can understand your position.

Just realized you can buy a white pearloid S2 Mira pickguard in the PRS store. Hmm I don't have anything seafoam plus some extra 53/10s lying around... Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by jetydosa View Post
    Is the SE Trem that much of a piece of junk? Does it not stay in tune? (Not flaming, just asking, Ive never played one).
    No, it's not that much of a piece of junk, and this is coming from one of the bigger John Mann fanbois. The SE trem is quite useable and stays in tune just as well with the same effort it takes to keep my swanky 1980 spec Milcom in tune, they just sound different.

The next available PRS semi hollow body that is. Without naming the competition, there is another USA made semi hollow with trem that has all high end parts, pickups, and trem for only about $600 more street. Not trying to be THAT guy at all. I have PRS guitars. However, PRS needs to know what the impartial person thinks too...which is me. I seek value. I don't care who makes it. In this case, it would be a tough decision between the 2.....between the guitar that needs mods and the one that is ready out of the box with a primo top. Just my 2 cents.
    So buy a Mann trem and your favorite pickups and still come out well ahead...

I really like a white Mira, now they make a Semi Hollow, how can I say no?
    PRS Custom-24 10-Top Black Gold, Stripped 58 Blue Multi Foil
    Taylor T5-S Red Edgeburst, GS Mini Mahogany

I was admittedly not terribly interested and a bit cynical about the original S2s. But this is absolutely a step in the correct direction IMO. I have said publicly before that the S2 line would be much improved if they offered models that we're not available as Core models, and they have basically done that, and I applaud that (expensive limited editions notwithstanding).

Kudos to PRS for listening to me.

I do agree that a Starla semi would be almost unbelievably cool, and I'd be almost guaranteed to buy one. But I'm super happy these exist and they are the first S2s I'm actually chomping at the bit to try.

Good work, PRS!

This is great news...I wanted one of those Zach Meyers but didn't like the shorter scale. Whammo!!! I'm in trouble
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets/signed by PRS
    2012 FBJB 10 top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti
    2012 Tremonti CustomSE Grey/Black heavily modded, DGT frets and nut at PTC
    2014 ARCHON

Brilliant.

I was thinking singlecut, but Bryan Ewald has that Custom 22 semi sounding RIGHTEOUS in the demo vid...
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow - SE Akesson+57/08's - Mira X - SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE 30 Head/Cab

They have a contest to win one too... for North American Facebook users.

http://www.prsguitars.com/s2giveaway/

Yeh, I just entered that before realising it's not open to the UK - boo!

Always liked the look/tone of the Mira but wasn't keen on the 24 fret version (neck too skinny) or 245 version (scale length too short) ... played the standard S2 version with 22 fret / 25" / Pattern Regular neck recently and loved the feel and tone ... now the semi-hollow version come out and I'm running out of excuses ...
    2013 PRS Paul's Guitar, Copper Flame
    2009 PRS McCarty II, Tobacco Sunburst
    2014 Tone King Majesty 45 Head + 2x12 Cab
    Fulltone | MXR | TC Electronic | ZVex

I'm just glad I didnt buy a Mira, lol. I almost pulled the trigger on one a couple weeks ago, I would have been pretty mad if I did and then saw PRS release semi-hollows.

...a TWISTED SISTER pin?! HANGAR18's Avatar
    WOO HOO!
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP - ALICE COOPER

Nice. Will have to check out the vid later.

I'd kill for a S2 Singlecut semihollow. Bummer that the giveaway is open to US-residents only.
    Hope that some good fella of this forum manages to win one of them!
    Onyria - check out my band