PRS 2-Piece Bridge
The PRS Two Piece Bridge was designed to take full advantage of the resonant properties of our guitars by providing direct transmission of string vibration to the guitar body with a traditional feel under the palm. First used in 2011, iit now appears on the 594 models. This bridge features unplated brass saddles, thumb wheels and tailpiece posts, zinc bridge and aluminum tailpiece.
Tuning and Setup Hints
- Action height is adjustable by raising or lowering the brass thumb wheels.
- The intonation may be adjusted by moving the phillips head screws on the outside edge of the bridge.
- Match the octave (fretted) note of all six strings with their corresponding 12th fret open harmonics by shortening or lengthening the strings with the adjusting screws.
- When setting the action at the 12th fret the string height should be 2/32" on the treble side to 5/64" on the bass side.
- Remember to tune and retune until the process is complete.
If you are unfamiliar with making these adjustments, we recommend that the guitar be taken to a qualified repair center.