PRS Guitars Hits the Road with GRAND-AM Road Racing
Posted Jun 22, 2012
As PRS Guitars’ third straight year of partnership with GRAND-AM Road Racing continues, there are more trophies, more Guitar Center Fan Days, more Race to the Stage Auditions, and more concerts to enjoy! 2012 marks the second year that PRS is providing race winners in both the Rolex Sports Car Series Daytona Prototype (DP) and Grand Touring (GT) classes with a unique trophy – a fully functional PRS SE Singlecut customized with GRAND-AM and Rolex Sports Car Series logos. To support this partnership and work to connect the music and racing worlds in new and exciting ways, PRS is hitting the road for a series of Guitar Center events and race day concerts.
PRS, In Tune Monthly magazine, and Guitar Center have also teamed up to host pre-race Guitar Center PRS Fan Days at three locations this summer: Indianapolis, IN, Syracuse, NY, and San Jose, CA. These events will bring players unique opportunities, including free setups on their PRS guitars, meetings with product specialists from PRS’s Maryland factory, in-depth product demonstrations, and the chance to check out a GRAND-AM racecar up close. During the event fans will also be able to see – and even purchase – replica PRS/GRAND-AM trophy guitars exclusively at Guitar Center.
But perhaps the most exciting element of the day will be “In Tune’s Race to the Stage” auditions, which give one area high school musician the opportunity to win the chance to perform live at a Rolex Series race in his/her regional track. Hosted by In Tune Monthly, the publication for music students and teachers in grades 7-12, “Race to the Stage” also awards a PRS SE guitar and SE amplifier to the winning player.
Guitar Center Fan Days are planned throughout the summer in conjunction with race day concerts at three Rolex Series races: the Super Weekend at The Brickyard, the Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen, GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series at Watkins Glen International, and the Continental Tire Sports Car Festival Powered by Mazda at Laguna Seca. Be sure to come out and enjoy the fun.
- July 14th Guitar Center PRS Fan Day Indianapolis
- July 27th Super Weekend at The Brickyard race day concert at Indianapolis Motor Speedway featuring Davy Knowles with a special appearance from the In Tune Race to the Stage Winner
SYRACUSE/WATKINS GLEN, NY
- July 21st Guitar Center PRS Fan Day Syracuse
- August 10th NASCAR Sprint Cup and GRAND-AM Rolex Series weekend at Watkins Glen International featuring Mike Brindisi and the New York Rock, The Rocky Mountain Stoneflies, Davy Knowles, & country sensation, and Nashville recording artist Marlee Scott with a special appearance from the In Tune Race to the Stage Winner
SAN JOSE/LAGUNA SECA, CA
- August 25th Guitar Center PRS Fan Day San Jose
- September 7th Continental Tire Sports Car Festival Powered by Mazda race day concert featuring Davy Knowles and The Rocky Mountain Stoneflies with a special appearance from the In Tune Race to the Stage Winner
For “In Tune Race to the Stage” audition details and Official Rules, please visit: www.intunemonthly.com/racetothestage.
Be sure to connect with PRS Guitars to follow the season: www.prsguitars.com, www.prsracing.net, www.facebook.com/prsguitars, and www.twitter.com/prsguitars.